Spindle possibly effecting stepper motors

Thread: Spindle possibly effecting stepper motors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle possibly effecting stepper motors

Hi All, So now that I have my CNC working I am getting this wierd thing happening. As soon as I turn on my spindle , I have a quick click click of the steppers that are causing them to move a tiny bit. All of my wiring from the stepper drivers to the sterppers is shielded and the wires from the Sprindle controler to the spindle are double shielded. Anyone have any idea on how to stop this ??

Thanks Steven

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle possibly effecting stepper motors

Are the steppers already powered up and locked when you turn on the spindle? Or are you turning everything on at the same time? I always hear a small click when I turn on stepper controller and the stepper coils engage.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle possibly effecting stepper motors

Quote Originally Posted by steve323 View Post
    Are the steppers already powered up and locked when you turn on the spindle? Or are you turning everything on at the same time? I always hear a small click when I turn on stepper controller and the stepper coils engage.

Steve
    Yes, the steppers are all on, and the spindle controller is on as well. But when I start the spindle in mach3 thats when I see/hear the problem,

Thanks Steven