Need Help! Enable to vary the speed of my spinle

Thread: Enable to vary the speed of my spinle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Enable to vary the speed of my spinle

Hi, sorry to be a bother I have this problem with my home made CNC mill, can't get my Chinese VFD to
    vary its speed. First my bob is ST-V2 Chinese model from StepperOnline and my VFD is a Huanyang model
    HY02D223B connected to a 2.2 hp air cool Chinese spindle. That being said just to be on the safe side
    I made myself a test kit to check the spindle built a power supply 0-10 volts anbd a 10 turns potentio
    meter and connected to V1 and ACM terminal in the VFD, spindle work fine speed vary as I vary the 0-10
    volts, so problem is not with the spindle or the VFD then I conclude it must be the bob or bob config
    to make sure I had StepperOnline ship me a new bob last week same as the previous one same result a
    steady 9.72 volts at the 0-10 volts output terminal all the time. I don't quoite understand in ports &
    pins Motors output for the spindle Step pin 1 and on my bob Pin 1 is PWM do I have to wire it and if so
    where to. I have google a lot and I am not getting anywhere I need help i will appreciate all your helps
    and I thank you in advance. One more thing about the VFD since I live in Quebec Canada and our electrical
    network is 120/240 60 Hz and the VFD settings are 220 50 Hz do I have to change the VFD settings to my
    240 volts 60 Hz. Again many thanks. Hire are my mach3 settings

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enable to vary the speed of my spinle-setup1-png   Enable to vary the speed of my spinle-setup2-png   Enable to vary the speed of my spinle-setup3-png   Enable to vary the speed of my spinle-setup4-png  

Enable to vary the speed of my spinle-setup5-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Enable to vary the speed of my spinle

In your configuration you need to make a few changes. Under ports and pins, motor outputs you need to uncheck active low for the spindle and put 17 in for the step pin. On output signals you have pin 14, change it to 0. On the spindle set up tab you have PWM checked? If you are using 0-10v output you need to check step/dir and I would think you don't need the spindle speed averaging checked. I would assume your frequency drive has its own feed back? You would need to check the Mach manual but I think your PWMBase Freq. should be lower?

Are you using the on board relay to turn the spindle on and off? If so dose your frequency drive have an inhibit? If it dose then just use the relay to control the inhibit. If you are going to use the relay to control the power supply to the spindle you will most likely need to add a solid state relay and use the small relay on the board to switch the solid state relay. You need to refer to you frequency drive manual to determine the best way to handle that. You do not want to rely on the 0-10 volts to turn the spindle on and off by itself. It would be a dangerous practice. It appears your control board ties the relay to the 0-10v output on the same pin. When you command an m3 sxxx it will close the relay and send the 0-10v signal at the same time.

Lastly you want to use pin 17 and the ground terminal next to it to connect to the input of your drive.

Hope that helps,

Jeff K.