New Machine Build 2.2kw spindle lapond vfd mach 3

Thread: 2.2kw spindle lapond vfd mach 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2.2kw spindle lapond vfd mach 3

I have scoured google and youtube and surprised I have not been able to find anywhere, a simple schematic of the wiring for a 2.2kw spindle, run off a lapond vfd with 220v single phase input and 220v three phase output 400hz. 24000 rpm. I can find mach 3 settings but nothing about lapond (similiar to delta) I am running a toshiba tb6560 with a spindle relay. I know there needs to be a 0-10v signal
    If someone can explain this to me i would be glad to make a youtube video, it would be the first one for lapond VFD!

i can run the spindle direct from the power but it is not connected to mach 3. i really just need the wiring from tb6560 to lapond vfd, i can figure out mach 3 setting ok.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2.2kw spindle lapond vfd mach 3

I am not able to locate any documentation for the Lapond VFD. I did read that it will accept a remote input (VFD relay) for On/Off. The Toshiba tb6560 based boards I found did not list a charge pump for the 0-10V analog control signal, so your speed control would still have to be manual. The 0-10V is not required to run the VFD with remote On/Off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I am not able to locate any documentation for the Lapond VFD. I did read that it will accept a remote input (VFD relay) for On/Off. The Toshiba tb6560 based boards I found did not list a charge pump for the 0-10V analog control signal, so your speed control would still have to be manual. The 0-10V is not required to run the VFD with remote On/Off.
    Thanks
    the lapond is similiar to the one in the gray housing that everyone shows on youtube. i do have a breakout pwm that i ran off the tb6560 for my smaller spindle. i guess i can use that to set the rpm.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a PWM output on your tb6560 board, then it proabaly does output a 0-10V signal. Sounds like you are good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

i got rid of the lapond vfd and got a huanyang
    just need the toshiba tb6560 to vfd wiring now can anyone help?

Downloads
    Uploads

Slightly out of topic, but I personally dont want my spindle to be controlled with MACH 3, for I always load up materials to be machined in seconds and start again, everytime the spindle stops it takes several seconds to achieve 24K rpm thus crashing on the materials @ still on a momentum build up then ruining the materials itself or sometimes breaking the newly sharpened carbide bit, so I gave up and did not include the spindle controls on my codes hehe

Time = money on a mass production scenario, one thing for sure though, using MACH 3 to control the spindle means you can go to lunch while the machine is still working without worrying that it will keep spinning when it finishes the work.