CNC Manual Drilling

Thread: CNC Manual Drilling

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Manual Drilling

I am building a CNC control panel and I want to add the option to use buttons to run a drilling operations versus entering G Code,

Does anybody have any suggestions ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Manual Drilling

You can write some g code and link it to a button. If you did a peck drilling cycle for example you would put in spindle speed and peck distance and depth. You might want to write code asking for those parameters. Some machines have a interface to do conventional tasks such as drilling. Think Mach has wizards to do something like this

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

If you just want jog the Z up & down then just use the jog buttons, I just use my keyboard jog or switch to manual Z. I'm assuming you will have a method of adjusting the feed rate. It really depends on the software that you are using, and how you want to drill. If you are planning on doing something like a G73 or G83 drill cycle, then it is a bit more complex. The CNC software may be the limitation on the way you approach this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lt00273 View Post
    I am building a CNC control panel and I want to add the option to use buttons to run a drilling operations versus entering G Code,

Does anybody have any suggestions ?
    I would not use a CNC for manual drilling unless when you do that, you have FULL manual control, without any electronics involved. It's not going to work well enough with buttons and jogging. CNC means computer controlled and that's when it has the advantage, for manual drilling it is not the best option. Use peck drilling and g-code, that's what it is designed for and is best at.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe for some high end machines with a quick tool change mechanism this option might be very handy , but on the DIY cnc machines I dont think it`s an important option sir, since you can just include the codes itself to let the existing bit to bore it out for you, I bored different materials with just a 1/8 single flute bit precisely and accurately. of course the bit size will be included on the calculations of the final G-code.

CNC Manual Drilling-20170315_164517-jpg

CNC Manual Drilling-20170315_165212-jpg

CNC Manual Drilling-20170315_164800-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the input