What is real power of 2.2Kw water cooles spindle china ?

Thread: What is real power of 2.2Kw water cooles spindle china ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What is real power of 2.2Kw water cooles spindle china ?

I ask this because i want to know what is real spindle power , they say it is about 8 Amps rated at 240v .
    There is someone that realy checked they specs with an power meter .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is real power of 2.2Kw water cooles spindle china ?

8 amps at 240 is 1920 watts

If the induction motor is 80% efficient, and 80% power factor, then in order to get 2.2 KW of shaft power, you will have about 9 amps per phase at 220vac actual.

so that will draw about 2700 watts from your 240volt supply to the VFD.

if the 2.2KW is the input power to the vfd, then figure 75% of that gets into the cutting tool. (there is a reason its water cooled)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is real power of 2.2Kw water cooles spindle china ?

Yes that i know , but there is somenone that put 8 amps on this motor ?
    I get some info about this motor , is rated at nominal power 750w , and maq peak at 2.2Kw for max 5 sec .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    Yes that i know , but there is somenone that put 8 amps on this motor ?
    I get some info about this motor , is rated at nominal power 750w , and maq peak at 2.2Kw for max 5 sec .
    This isn't rocket science, the rated power is 750 watts or about 1 horsepower. The 2.2KW number is basically useless information. The only way that 2.2kW number might be useful is if you could design a cutting profile that only overloads the motor for 5 seconds.

This does highlight an issue with buying Chinese, they often try to sell based on useless specs. All Motors are capable, to done extent, of developing more power than they are rated for. It is a reality though that this heats the motor up fast and at times can lead to motor burn out. Generally you don't want to exceed a motors continuous duty ratings for very long. On a CNC machine you don't want to do that at all without some sort of feed back to the controller.

You might want to link to this specific spindle so that guys have a better idea of what is being talked about here. In general though just ignore peak parameters.