Hi!

I have scratch-built an epoxy concrete cnc mill (about 200kg epoxy granite +50 kg steel inlays). Right now i am using a cheap "Kress" router spindle, machining mostly aluminum which is working pretty awesome. However i want to change to a larger spindle very soon, as i have more and more parts requiring a lot of toolchanges. No automatic toolchanges necessary, just changing by hand. Only hobby stuff, no business.
Also, i want to do some light steel machining with tools <1inch diameter and be able to use larger facemills in aluminum. My machine is pretty much in the prize range of a tormach (considering building costs) and about as rigid (or weak) as a tormach.
I started designing my own bt30 spindle, yet the cost of hardening and grinding the shaft is prohibitive for me (about 1k€). The total package including small parts, bearings etc. (no motor/servo included!) would be like 2,5k€. This is why i am looking into a cheap preliminary solution for the next 2 years until i can afford to build my own "dream spindle".

That said, i am looking into bying a chinese bt30 spindle like this:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-BT30-spindle-motor-1pcs-3-5t-air-cylinder-1set-BT30-braket-holder-the-whole-set/32780792872.html?spm=2114.47010208.4.18.jcgnyH

I there any review or further information out there about this specific spindle?Has anyone here bought this spindle yet?

best regards,
andy