Thoughts on this spindle?

Thread: Thoughts on this spindle?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thoughts on this spindle?

I don't have any experience with these chinese spindles on aliexpress so I was wondering if someone could give me their 2 cents. I'm in the process of building a steel/granite mill that will be used mainly for cutting aluminum but I would like to be able to take small passes on steel as well. I have a hitachi sensorless vector drive good for up to 4 hp. Do you guys think this spindle is up to the challenge?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-2k...308.0.0.Rav4IQ

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thoughts on this spindle?

That would handle aluminum, but honestly the Chinese high speed spindles usually have a RPM range from 6000 to 24000. Cutting aluminum is fine with solid carbide endmills at higher spindle speeds, I normally use 9K. Cutting steel on the other hand is a different animal. Normally the spindle speed is much slower 2500 to 5000 and you need a table that support coolant flood.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thoughts on this spindle?

What's up with the air port on the bottom?
    Personally I would get rather get this spindle for almost 1/4 the price and just replace them as needed.

ER20 2.2KW WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR ENGRAVING MILL GRIND CE FOUR BEARING CNC | eBay