Build Thread Just ordered a Bosch Rexroth EFC5610 1.5kW 230V 1 phase Inverter Drive - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just ordered a Bosch Rexroth EFC5610 1.5kW 230V 1 phase Inverter Drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just ordered a Bosch Rexroth EFC5610 1.5kW 230V 1 phase Inverter Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Interesting. I'm learning more as I delve in to these things, it's all alien to me. I actually have 246v on my circuit here, but I believe the spindle is to be run at 220v which the VFD takes care of?

Setting it up to run the spindle was actually really straight forward and easy, but right now I'm trying to set up modbus (following your guide on mycncuk incidentally as it's the easiest to follow I have found, thanks!) and wish I had the Bosch so I could just copy your set up Just ordered a Bosch Rexroth EFC5610 1.5kW 230V 1 phase Inverter Drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought you live in UK, and in UK you have 230V. So if you have measured 246V could it be that there is a problem with your instrument? 5% variation may be normal, but you have more than that. In any case, the VFD can handle up to 240V (+/-5%), so you are OK. Yes, the VFD will make sure your motor is not receiving more than 220V, as long as you have configured the motor parameters right.

Regarding Modbus, I will have a closer look later. Right now I am a bit too busy and have no time for fun...

Edit:

In the meantime, perhaps you can watch this video I made regarding Mach3 and Modbus. It is a short instruction video about how to configure Mach3 to use a brain file created for controlling the Machtric S800E VFD inverter. I made this on request, I don't have this VFD so have not tested it but the user who asked for it confirmed that it was working as expected. Try and see if it helps you out.

Last edited by A_Camera; 11-15-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just ordered a Bosch Rexroth EFC5610 1.5kW 230V 1 phase Inverter Drive

Thanks, I will watch that now.

Yes I am in the U.K. Modern buildings and installations are 230v but the max allowable is 250v I think. In this case this building was built before the standard switched over to 230v and although it was rewired in the last decade it's still running at 246v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234