Need Help! ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error

Thread: ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error

Hi everyone,

I am a bit of a CNC noob so please forgive me if I am doing something obviously wrong or have posted this in completely the wrong place! I have recently bought a chinese 1.5kw spindle for my cnc router. I have wired it ll up and set the parameters on the VFD to correspond to my spindles rated frequency (400hz) but whenever I try to run it I get the error "OC -o". According to the manual this means "Stop State Overcurrency" and is caused by "Component fail, interference" and gives diagnosis of "push reset. component fail if it happens again"

All my parameters are default apart from acceleration and deceleration times which are bot set at 15s

I'm completely confused as to how to fix this! please help!!

thanks in advance,

Nick

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error-img_20160417_171423-jpg   ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error-img_20160417_171428-jpg   ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error-img_20160417_172117-jpg  
    Last edited by Nickolae; 04-18-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ASKPOWER a131 VFD and 1.5KW spindle error

Nickolae

I have never seen a manual that would set those Parameters to those numbers straight out of the box

Is the terminal 4th from the input power end, the Ground terminal

Try it with these numbers some are at the default which is strange some are way off of where they need to be

Pn02=400

Pn10=400

Pn12=400

PN08=15

PN09=15

PN11=120

PN14=10 Not 500

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Nickolae

I have never seen a manual that would set those Parameters to those numbers straight out of the box

Is the terminal 4th from the input power end, the Ground terminal

Try it with these numbers some are at the default which is strange some are way off of where they need to be

Pn02=400

Pn10=400

Pn12=400

PN08=15

PN09=15

PN11=120

PN14=10 Not 500
    Hi, yes the 4th terminal from the left is the earth (ground). I changed the parameters that you suggested but I still get the same error. Is there something else I could try?

I think I might return it if I can't get it to work and get a HY brand inverter +spindle combo!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolae View Post
    Hi, yes the 4th terminal from the left is the earth (ground). I changed the parameters that you suggested but I still get the same error. Is there something else I could try?

I think I might return it if I can't get it to work and get a HY brand inverter +spindle combo!
    This VFD is normally better than the HY Brand

How many amps do you have for your input supply,you would need up to 25 amp supply to run this VFD/spindle on single phase, this may be where the problem is, one thing you can try is to take the VFD control module off the VFD and then replace it, this may reset this drive fault, worth a try, just make sure you have enough supply for the drive/spindle

With the Oco fault this also shows a component has failed I did not pick up on this before, no matter what you do this in going to keep showing up something in the drive has failed most likely the IGBT has failed, these can fail from parameters set wrong, cutting the power while the spindle is at high speed, shorting out the IGBT which happens a lot

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This VFD is normally better than the HY Brand

How many amps do you have for your input supply,you would need up to 25 amp supply to run this VFD/spindle on single phase, this may be where the problem is, one thing you can try is to take the VFD control module off the VFD and then replace it, this may reset this drive fault, worth a try, just make sure you have enough supply for the drive/spindle

With the Oco fault this also shows a component has failed I did not pick up on this before, no matter what you do this in going to keep showing up something in the drive has failed most likely the IGBT has failed, these can fail from parameters set wrong, cutting the power while the spindle is at high speed, shorting out the IGBT which happens a lot
    Okay thanks for your help, I am going to return it for a replacement and hopefully that will solve my issue! I'm impatient as my machine has been down because of this for some time!

I don't think my power is the issue, im running the VFD off a 240v 13amp capable socket.

Last edited by Nickolae; 04-19-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay thanks for your help, I am going to return it for a replacement and hopefully that will solve my issue! I'm impatient as my machine has been down because of this for some time!

I don't think my power is the issue, im running the VFD off a 240v 13amp capable socket.
    13 amp socket is not enough you need a supply around double that remember you are going from single phase into the VFD and 3 phase out, the input needs to be like I said should be around a 25 amp supply you would need a lower KW spindle to use only a 13 amp input supply like 1.5Kw

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeh I am using a 1.5kw spindle, not 2.2kw!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeh I am using a 1.5kw spindle, not 2.2kw!
    Sorry got yours confused with another one that is having problems also, he has a 3kw, but still 13 amp supply is cutting it to close to be safe even for the 1.5Kw

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have exactly the same VFD and a water cooled Chinese spindle, I also am in the UK.

First UK mains is NOT 13 amp, each ring main for sockets will have a 30 or 32 amp breaker in the consumer unit. What may be 13amp is the fuse you have in you plug and the socket, These should really be replaced for higher amperage ones. So first of all the ring mains is more than enough amperage to run your VFD and spindle but the socket you are using should be upgraded to the correct type. I have not done this yet on my mains circuit but I will soon.

The setting that I changed from default in the VFD are

PN08 = 15
    PN09 = 15
    PN11 = 100

The rest of the settings were correct at default and match the settings mactec54 has posted ie PN02 =400 PN10 = 400 PN12 = 400

So all should be good with your setup if you have followed these settings

You may need to check PN03 depending on what you are using to control the spin speed of the spindle. I would also disconnect your spindle and test with a DMM which pins connect to what, does it have a 4 or 3 pin connector ? Measure between the pins to determine which ones are the motor winding and which if any should be an earth.

Last edited by Sundayforsammy; 05-10-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

try using R S to hook up your input phases.... I have your inverter working fine over here.. Are you putting in 180-250 VAC? Im currently trying to figure out how to control VFD from mach3..