Starting to search some professional spindles (doubt)

Thread: Starting to search some professional spindles (doubt)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Starting to search some professional spindles (doubt)

So, i am starting to search some good spindle to my 3 axis machine ( want to start machining metal ) and i have some doubts about it, like, can i control the speed of spindle and inverter combo in mach3 ? if not how can i use powerful spindles that can have the rpm controlled in g-code ? ( like 1 kw spindle or less, minimum 600w ), i only know the basics about eletronics, i am just finishing my mechanic technician course, so can someone give me a fast-learning about mach3 speed control ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Starting to search some professional spindles (doubt)

Mach uses a PWM signal for spindle control, for spindle controllers that have 0-10vdc analogue control, a convertor from PWM to analogue is required.
    There is also Modbus if the controller is capable.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

A professional spindle is one that uses a servo.
    A step/dir spindle will work fine.

You should use a hw pulse generator, and a suitable servo.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i could use servo motors in the future, i dont have that type of knowlegde and money, as i have searched in ebay spindles with pwm control, they reach up to 400w only, maybe 600w, so with that in mind, could be better i use i dont know a spindle with converter, and if i need to change rpm in the middle of a program i make a obrigatory stop with a message text saying the rpm i should set them cicyle start again ?i have done a obrigatory stop once yesterday just for testing and worked

Downloads
    Uploads

There are pro-grade spindles for routers that aren't servos. Servo loops are only required for operations like rigid tapping, which need to synchronize the revolutions of the spindle with movement of an axis (usually Z), and they are used on mills, not routers. Pro-grade routers usually have a combination of a 3-phase router motor and a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), which controls it. Some VFDs will also convert single-phase power to 3-phase, and can vary the speed using input from your machine controller. Hitachi makes VFDs that I've had good luck with. For the router/motors themselves, look for brands like Perske, Colombo, and Elte.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    There are pro-grade spindles for routers that aren't servos. Servo loops are only required for operations like rigid tapping, which need to synchronize the revolutions of the spindle with movement of an axis (usually Z), and they are used on mills, not routers. Pro-grade routers usually have a combination of a 3-phase router motor and a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), which controls it. Some VFDs will also convert single-phase power to 3-phase, and can vary the speed using input from your machine controller. Hitachi makes VFDs that I've had good luck with. For the router/motors themselves, look for brands like Perske, Colombo, and Elte.
    can u help me find a vfd in ebay that is easier to install in mach3 or just one with manuals ? thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you looked at ViperServo website

2,3 and 7Hp spindles Perske Tekmotor and Colombo spindles are in stock.

Larry