Huanyang VFD +5V & +24V Terminals

Thread: Huanyang VFD +5V & +24V Terminals

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang VFD +5V & +24V Terminals

My version of the Huanyang 2.2kw VFD has two terminals labeled +5V and +24V.

Does anyone know what the amperage specs on these are? Are they actually useful for anything? It would be nice if they could be used in conjunction with the F-relay to power external circuits or devices.

Ozzie

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't remember seeing +5v but is the +24 the open collector outputs you are referring to?
    These are just a couple of configurable outputs.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a terminal labeled +24V that actually reads +24v to DCM. There are two other terminals labeled DRV & UPF that are the open collector outputs. The DRV & UPF terminals have a 24v/100ma spec on the print in the manual, but I can't get either of them to respond to anything. I don't know how they are supposed to work. I've got a couple of Solid State relays, that are 5-24vdc inputs. I've tried supplying the + side with the +24v, and then the - side from DRV & UPF, with no results. I've tried tying the - input to DCM, and the + side to DRV & UPF, with no results. If I just connect the SSR's from DCM to the +24v terminal they actuate. I've set the Pd050, and Pd051 to 01, which has them triggering off the Run state. But nothing happens when I run it. The F-relay which I also have programmed to actuate on Run, works just fine, as advertised. There must be a trick to these open collector outputs that I'm not getting.

Ozzie

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have the manual for that version, but normally the outputs are configurable to indicate one of a number of selectable states, what does the manual say DRV and UPF stand for, if any?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al, the manual doesn't say anything about what DRV or UPF stands for, but then again it isn't important. What I figured out is, the +5v is in reference to ACM (analog common), just like the +10v terminal. I figure it's for the 0-5v dc analog input folks. And the +24v is in reference to DCM (digital common), and I would assume it is good for 100ma load, just as it says, and can be used in conjunction with the F-relay to power an external device.

As far as how the open collector outputs work, I'm still in the dark, but I'm wondering if they can be used to drive a Multi-input terminal. Example: Set DRV to act on run, then tie it to say Multi-input#6, which is set to trigger External Timer1. At the Timer1 set point, the timer triggers the F-relay, for a delayed event of some sort. I haven't tried it yet, but I will tomorrow. I'm hoping that the DRV output will drive some kind of external relay.....I hope someone has solved this dilemma, and can give me some guidance

Ozzie

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD +5V & +24V Terminals

I think first of all you need to open the VFD and see if the F relay is actually installed! I read in several threads that not al HY VFDs have the relay installed at all..... just a vacant set of holes in the printed circuit board....

Joe in Aus