Wiring a dryer plug/cable to VFD for a Teknomotor spindle - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wiring a dryer plug/cable to VFD for a Teknomotor spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tahustvedt View Post
    You seemed so sure before when you said his minimum was 18000. Where did the 18000 minimum speed come from? His photo shows a spindle with a part number that starts with 4147, but I can't find the exact number on the Teknomotor site: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...ml#post1454878
    It is stamped on the spindle Name plate that Base is 18,000 RPM @300Hz and at 400HZ Max is 24,000, can you not read, I don't think it can be any clearer than what is stamped on the name plate

The 4147 model # is on there web site, you just need the rest of the number to find the spindle

All we need to no to be sure, is if it is a SB series or a DB series

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can read. Base is not minimum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tahustvedt View Post
    I can read. Base is not minimum.
    According to there web site it is, they give the range, for the air cooled spindles to be 6,000 RPM, difference from the max to the minimum so what is stamped on the name plate is correct, water cooled have a larger RPM range

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. Can you link to where Teknomotor say that? I would have thought they would have called it "min frequency" or something like that, because base frequency means something else in the HF spindle world.

Downloads
    Uploads

According to there web site it is, they give the range
    Other than where it says "Base Frequency", where does it give a range? The only ranges I saw were what I posted before. As I said, in their catalog, for the model # on his spindle plate (4147), it says either 12000-18000, or 12,000-24,000. Both of these ranges are for air cooled spindles with shaft driven fans.
    Yet you continue to say that their website has different info. Although you seemed to almost agree with me for a short time, before going back to the 18-24 range.
    Give us a link to this data.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    As I said, in their catalog, for the model # on his spindle plate (4147), it says either 12000-18000, or 12,000-24,000. Both of these ranges are for air cooled spindles with shaft driven fans.
    I posted that before, you need the series number, the model number is not much use by it's self, from that you will know what spindle he has, it can not be what you are staying 12,000 to 18000, because they would not have 24,000 Max stamped on the motor plate,so it will be one of the DB series spindles, but without all the numbers everyone is just guessing as to what the slowest RPM the motor can do

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring a dryer plug/cable to VFD for a Teknomotor spindle-teknomotor-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, We're guessing. Then you say we're wrong, but you have nothing to back it up. That's all.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Yes, We're guessing. Then you say we're wrong, but you have nothing to back it up. That's all.
    Who ever is saying it is a 12,000 to 18,000 is wrong for sure, that would be the SB series & it is not the SB series spindle, only the DB spindles are 24,000, the only thing that is missing is, does it have a max minimum of 12,000 ???? or a max minimum of 18,000???? this will depend on the part numbers of the spindle

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

naspc

If you use these numbers they are correct, for your spindle, it has no minimum speed,(For your Spindle) if trying to use it to slow it will have no torque,& stall, so it will not be of much use below 130Hz

These are the main settings to get you going

P304= 400
    P167= 300
    P103= 400
    P102= 130
    P302= 220
    P303= motor amps on the name plate
    P104= 20 adjustable Accel
    P105= 20 adjustable Decel

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec54. Dont know if you read my mind or something but I just called the place where I got the spindle for answers. The connection was bad, expecting a call back form them.

I dont mind running it at high rpms. I was thinking of doing aluminum milling and somewhere I read that milling aluminum should be done at a lower rpm.
    But after seeing a couple of videos of other people with Teknomotor spindles milling aluminum at 16000-18000 rpm, I am confident this spindle will do the job.

Hopefully in the following weeks I will have a VFD to hook my 4147 Teknomotor spindle to. I will try and fill in the blank left open by the original poster.

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Downloads
    Uploads

naspc

There is not much else you have to set, what I posted will be enough for running your spindle, you have to also run it in, starting at 3,000 RPM for 2 minutes increasing it by 3,000 every 2 minutes, watching the temperature does not go over 50deg C, if it does you stop the spindle let it cool down then start again at the last setting (RPM) it was running at

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    naspc

There is not much else you have to set, what I posted will be enough for running your spindle, you have to also run it in, starting at 3,000 RPM for 2 minutes increasing it by 3,000 every 2 minutes, watching the temperature does not go over 50deg C, if it does you stop the spindle let it cool down then start again at the last setting (RPM) it was running at
    Sounds like a burn in period?

Downloads
    Uploads

The vender that sold me the spindle confirms what Mactec54 has posted. Not that I didn't believe you Mactec54, but out of courtesy he called me back.
    So the safe min the spindle should run is 18000. But it can run slower but may over heat, seems like the fan is dependent of the rpm of the spindle. Also anything below 18000 the torque may be insufficient.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring a dryer plug/cable to VFD for a Teknomotor spindle

Hey all, finally got a lenze vfd. The same one in this post. I am about to connect power to it. I am using a 30amp turn lock connector and cable. I know the green wire (ground) goes to PE. However the other two wires I not sure of. I have a yellow and a black. Where would these 2 go? L1 and L2?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    Ground goes to PE. However the other two wires I not sure of. I have a yellow and a black. Where would these 2 go? L1 and L2?
    Yes that is correct, connect to L1 L2 , if you are using a shielded cable connect the Shield to the PE also

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. Should I program the vfd with the values from before I connect the spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    Thanks. Should I program the vfd with the values from before I connect the spindle?
    Yes you don't want to run the spindle motor, without having the right parameters set

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Configure vfd. Power vfd off. Wait for vfd discharge. Connect spindle. Power vfd on and test at 2k intervals for 2 minute each 2k.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Just an update. I used the recommended setting for My VFD and Motor. And everything looks good. Motor is moving nothing on fire (Yet). I just have an issue with setting up the Potentiometer.

P304= 400
    P167= 300
    P103= 400
    P102= 130
    P302= 220
    P303= 8.6
    P104= 20 adjustable Accel
    P105= 20 adjustable Decel

Additional Settings for Terminal Strip and Dynamic Brake:
    P100=1
    P101=1
    P121=21 Dynamic Brake