Need Help! Problem with running Chinese 2.2kW spindle from Hitachi WJ200 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with running Chinese 2.2kW spindle from Hitachi WJ200

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    cnc3678

Your settings should look something like this

A001- 00
    A002 – 02
    A004- 400HZ
    A003 – 400Hz is Spindle base frequency
    A061 – 400HZ
    A062 – 0
    A082 – 230V/240V
    A151- 0
    A152 – 400HZ
    A153 – 0
    A154 – 100
    A155 - 00
    B012 – 10 Amps of your spindle
    H003 – 2.2 KW this is your spindle kw rating
    H004 - 2 poles most of these spindles are only 2 pole
    Just to reconfirm; these settings looks like for the X200 and not the WJ200?
    As i am currently looking at the WJ200 Manual and A151/2/3 are all % 0 to 50% range.
    Been trying to setup WJ200 with 300Hz 3KW (10A) Spindle and i am almost sure i am missing few settings. Anyone can post the minimum settings required to be changed for WJ200?!

Thanx.

Downloads
    Uploads

Raider,

Here are absolute minimum settings on the WJ-200 for my 400Hz 2.2kW spindle. It assumes that you are manually running the spindle from the control panel (ie not from an external source). Change the various max freqs back to 300Hz if this is the limit of your spindle.

1. Select the digital operator as the source of motor speed command (A001=02). Also set the run-time motor speed with F001 (say 400Hz).
    2. Select the digital operator as the source of the RUN command (A002=02).
    3. Set the motor base & max frequency (A003=400Hz, A004=400Hz) and AVR voltage of the motor (A082=240V).
    4. Set the motor current for proper thermal protection (B012=your spindle's max rated current, mine is 9A).
    5. Set the number of poles for the motor (H004=2).

Spindle should then power up when you hit the 'START' button. Don't forget to set the 'F001' starting frequency as the motor won't move without this.

Last edited by cnc3678; 02-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you.

Guess i need to open the Spindle and inspect it. It runs fine from 0 Hz to 45Hz, when i try to speed it up more, Error 30 (Only when the spindle connected); When trying the spindle on another VFD; it shows output is shorted after 10Hz.

Downloads
    Uploads

A044=0 for v/hz mode (default). I assume that is what u r using since it makes no sense to use any other mode for a 400hz base speed motor.

that said, NO H SERIES PARAMETER HAS ANY MEANING

H parameters r only used in vector mode. u dont want that mode.

so forget any H parameters - they do nothing.

min params are base freq, base voltage, Motor current rating if different than default, and max speed freq.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

unless u r into some super critical nuclear isotope mfgring or something, P 15x have no meaning to u either. ignore them - leave them at factory defaults. Only 1 in 100,543 people will have a use for modifying these.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

if u change so much stuff u screw up the parameters, reset to factory defaults with b084.

then only parameter you need is a003=400hz. I assume a82 is set to default 240v so your spindle should work; if it does not then it is broke. that is ur basic min parameter settings.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    if u change so much stuff u screw up the parameters, reset to factory defaults with b084.

then only parameter you need is a003=400hz. I assume a82 is set to default 240v so your spindle should work; if it does not then it is broke. that is ur basic min parameter settings.
    Thanx mike. Going to try and open the 3kW square air-cooled spindle and check it out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc3678 View Post
    Hello,

I'm attempting to fire up my Chinese 2.2kW spindle for the first time using a Hitachi WJ200 inverter. I've correctly wired the three phases and connected the spindle with a shielded cable (shielding earthed at one end only). The inverter seems to be correctly configured with input voltage/freq and current limit settings.

When I hit start button, the spindle starts turning very slowly (5-10 rpm) and makes a strange buzzing sound. After about 5-20 secs, the inverter trips out with an over-current alarm.

Any ideas? Does someone have a standard config for the WJ200 that I could look at?

Regards, Richard
    Curious if you ever figured this out... I have the exact same problem... I have made all the changes that people have recommended above with no luck.. tried resetting the WJ200 to defaults thinking I had a strange setting that was being overlooked... made the min changes that people recommend.

Another strange thing that I see on mine is that even though the spindle is set to run FWD it appears to be running backwards... I have triple checking the wiring countless times not seeing anything wrong.

If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear it!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cncbaltar,
    If the motor runs forward when backwards, and backwards when forwards, then you need to swap 2 output phases from the vsd to the motor.
    You can make a 3 phase motor change direction by swapping the wiring on any 2 phases.

The easiest place to do this is normally the output wiring at the inverter (labelled U, V, W normally).
    Swap the wires under terminals U&V and the motor should run the opposite direction.

Bushwakka

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bushwakka View Post
    cncbaltar,
    If the motor runs forward when backwards, and backwards when forwards, then you need to swap 2 output phases from the vsd to the motor.
    You can make a 3 phase motor change direction by swapping the wiring on any 2 phases.

The easiest place to do this is normally the output wiring at the inverter (labelled U, V, W normally).
    Swap the wires under terminals U&V and the motor should run the opposite direction.

Bushwakka
    Bushwakka,

Thank you so much for your help.. That solved it... I also have a new list of registers that people seem to be omitting below for WJ200 functionality with 2.2kw water cooled spindle that I will share later tonight when I have a chance to put all the details together... my spindle runs so smooth now!

-Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with running Chinese 2.2kW spindle from Hitachi WJ200

My Hitachi X200 vfd just went up in smoke, been working great for years, was using Mach3 to control the VFD thru modbus. Just changed out the Hitachi drive to the new WJ200 series. Now I can not get the setup to work. Does anyone have the settings to use in Mach3 for WJ200? Plus I also need the brain file, and the parameters for setting up the WJ200 Hitachi drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12