Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 22

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by davels View Post
    I just set all these parameters but nothing change. The spindle start faster but this time stop earlier too.

I have check continuity between ground and spindle body but not beep. Is it normal?
    Did you try just powering up the VFD without the spindle connected ???

Does it do the same with the Spindle Disconnected ???

Then check the spindle wiring next, ( U V W Connection to Spindle Connection ) from VFD to the Spindle, U to Pin 1 V to Pin 2 and W to Pin 3 You can check these by using the ( Beep on your multimeter,) With the Power Off

If there is no beep then it has no Earth connection, this needs to be connected, inside the spindle cap a photo of what is needed, this won't solve the Low Voltage Fault But this needs to be connected

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-ground-wire-2-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-spindle-wiring-vfd-spindle-plug-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Did you try just powering up the VFD without the spindle connected ???

Does it do the same with the Spindle Disconnected ???

Then check the spindle wiring next, ( U V W Connection to Spindle Connection ) from VFD to the Spindle, U to Pin 1 V to Pin 2 and W to Pin 3 You can check these by using the ( Beep on your multimeter,) With the Power Off

If there is no beep then it has no Earth connection, this needs to be connected, inside the spindle cap a photo of what is needed, this won't solve the Low Voltage Fault But this needs to be connected
    I just try now and with the spindle disconnected the VFD don't stop. I don't have any error message even at 400Hz.

Wiring is ok, I check it before several times. With the beep too to be certain.

I had also check all the male pin of the spindle with the beep but nothing work. I'm not very comfortable to open the spindle as it's new

Edit : your second picture show U to R3 and W to R1, is it correct? You write U to Pin 1 and W to Pin 3 (as it's wired currently on my spindle)

Downloads
    Uploads

I just try now and with the spindle disconnected the VFD don't stop. I don't have any error message even at 400Hz.

Wiring is ok, I check it before several times. With the beep too to be certain.

I had also check all the male pin of the spindle with the beep but nothing work. I'm not very comfortable to open the spindle as it's new

Edit : your second picture show U to R3 and W to R1, is it correct? You write U to Pin 1 and W to Pin 3 (as it's wired currently on my spindle)
    Ok so it seems that the spindle may be the problem, there is a different test for you to do not using the beep, you have to select Ohms to measure the spindle only

Measure with Ohms setting, at the Spindle Plug ( Power OFF )

Pin 1 to Pin 2=

Pin 2 to Pin 3=

Pin 3 to Pin 1=

Then each Pin to Earth which in you case will be the Spindle body, as your Pin 4 Earth is not connected

Yes that photo that I posted is for a different spindle, but may still apply to yours, so worth a try, but it most likely won't change anything

90 % of these spindles, the users have to fix the Earth connection in the spindle plug, you could of course, just to try use the Ground wire that you have going to the spindle, attach it to the spindle Body, ( Just for a Test )

Have you used shielded Cable from the VFD to the Spindle???

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so it seems that the spindle may be the problem, there is a different test for you to do not using the beep, you have to select Ohms to measure the spindle only

Measure with Ohms setting, at the Spindle Plug ( Power OFF )

Pin 1 to Pin 2=

Pin 2 to Pin 3=

Pin 3 to Pin 1=

Then each Pin to Earth which in you case will be the Spindle body, as your Pin 4 Earth is not connected

Yes that photo that I posted is for a different spindle, but may still apply to yours, so worth a try, but it most likely won't change anything

90 % of these spindles, the users have to fix the Earth connection in the spindle plug, you could of course, just to try use the Ground wire that you have going to the spindle, attach it to the spindle Body, ( Just for a Test )

Have you used shielded Cable from the VFD to the Spindle???
    All Pin to Pin (1, 2, 3) give 4.2 Ohms. And Pin 1, 2, 3 to Pin 4 give no result.

Indeed change the wire doesn't change anything.

I have try to ground the spindle body with a cable from the ground VFD to the spindle body but it doesn't change anything neither.

No, the cable is not shielded, could it be the problem?

Edit : I have remove the 4 screws on top for the spindle but I can't remove the top. Is it glue or something like that ?

Downloads
    Uploads

All Pin to Pin (1, 2, 3) give 4.2 Ohms. And Pin 1, 2, 3 to Pin 4 give no result.

Indeed change the wire doesn't change anything.

I have try to ground the spindle body with a cable from the ground VFD to the spindle body but it doesn't change anything neither.

No, the cable is not shielded, could it be the problem?

Edit : I have remove the 4 screws on top for the spindle but I can't remove the top. Is it glue or something like that ?
    Put the 4 screws back in add a metal spacer under one of the screws then attach you Earth wire to that screw, you could use a piece of threaded rod then add a spacer a nut then a washer, add your Earth wire and another washer and nut, this will save you taking the top off, yes some are stuck on with some kind of sealer to prevent any water leaks, You can use a longer screw like what is already there with a spacer, washers and nuts, or what I have posted in the photo

When using your meter with the Ohms setting, what is the reading when you just touch the 2 probes together, as the spindle readings seem to be to high, but could be fine, check again at the Spindle Plug with the cable disconnected

With out a shielded cable, yes this can cause this problem, the shield also has to be correctly Earthed or it will cause problems also, But adding a Earth wire also may get it running, then look at the Shielded cable, as this is a requirement

It seems that your spindle is Bad with the high reading, and none of these things will fix that, contact the seller for a new spindle, what was the slowest speed that you ran the spindle at, slow running will damage these spindles

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-dsc_0536-jpg  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the HY01D523B 220v and 1.5kw spindle. Had some struggle getting the VI speed adjustment working, so did a factory reset. Now the spindle does not run properly evem following several setup suggestion on this page.
    What happen is that the spindle start up really slow and do not gain much speed before I get some error code.

Guessing one of the menu setup are not correct. It worked perfectly before the factory default and the wiring are the same.

Anyone got a tip?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IBICO View Post
    I got the HY01D523B 220v and 1.5kw spindle. Had some struggle getting the VI speed adjustment working, so did a factory reset. Now the spindle does not run properly evem following several setup suggestion on this page.
    What happen is that the spindle start up really slow and do not gain much speed before I get some error code.

Guessing one of the menu setup are not correct. It worked perfectly before the factory default and the wiring are the same.

Anyone got a tip?
    You have some parameter that is not set correct, a slow start up is a bad thing, this can damage the Spindle and VFD, what parameters have you set

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have some parameter that is not set correct, a slow start up is a bad thing, this can damage the Spindle and VFD, what parameters have you set
    That is just stating the obvious. I know I got some parameter wrong, but even after following some of the setup here, and setting the motor parameter from my motor correct I still get this slow start.
    One thing I notice is that my motor got 8amp stamped on it, but the VFD only could set 7amp as maximum. But if that is the problem, then the motor should not have worked before either. 2pole is set, 220v and other setup.
    I guess I just have to do a factory reset again and try all over. Would be my third time with factory reset and setting all the parameters

The motor worked perfectly before I did a factory reset of the VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IBICO View Post
    That is just stating the obvious. I know I got some parameter wrong, but even after following some of the setup here, and setting the motor parameter from my motor correct I still get this slow start.
    One thing I notice is that my motor got 8amp stamped on it, but the VFD only could set 7amp as maximum. But if that is the problem, then the motor should not have worked before either. 2pole is set, 220v and other setup.
    I guess I just have to do a factory reset again and try all over. Would be my third time with factory reset and setting all the parameters

The motor worked perfectly before I did a factory reset of the VFD
    You never want to do a Factory Reset unless there is something very wrong with the VFD

For the 1.5 Kw it should only have a max of 7 amps, Here is what you have to set, you will have a frequency Parameter set in correct, they need to match this list

Huanyang Mactec54

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage)

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit)

( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=7 ( Motor Max Amps for 1.5Kw Spindle)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting )

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

greetings. I have to say that this thread (and forum) is awesome and very helful.

I am building a litle cnc with aprox 450mmx450 of work area. My goal is work with aluminum. I am half the way and now is the turn of the spindle/vfd.

As far as I know with a 800 w spindle i have enough power. The cnc is not big and in the drawings the 800w spindle (65x180mm) looks more equilibrated than the 1.5 kw spindle (80x200mm)

I am thinking in purchase the 800 w watercooled spindle and a huan yang vfd. In ebay i can purchase the 1.5, 2.2 or 3 kw vfd. The fact is that the price of the 3 kw vfd is only 15 euros more than the 1.5 kw

I am thinking in buying the 3 kw or 2.2 kw vfd, and if i see that with the 800 w i am short of power keep the vdf and purchase a 1.5 spindle.

I supose that is better to have this extra power and this way i can use the bigger vfd if i increase the spindle size.

So, please from your point of view witch vfd shouls i buy to follow this strategy 2.2 kw or 3 kw?

MAke all this sense? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio76 View Post
    greetings. I have to say that this thread (and forum) is awesome and very helful.

I am building a litle cnc with aprox 450mmx450 of work area. My goal is work with aluminum. I am half the way and now is the turn of the spindle/vfd.

As far as I know with a 800 w spindle i have enough power. The cnc is not big and in the drawings the 800w spindle (65x180mm) looks more equilibrated than the 1.5 kw spindle (80x200mm)

I am thinking in purchase the 800 w watercooled spindle and a huan yang vfd. In ebay i can purchase the 1.5, 2.2 or 3 kw vfd. The fact is that the price of the 3 kw vfd is only 15 euros more than the 1.5 kw

I am thinking in buying the 3 kw or 2.2 kw vfd, and if i see that with the 800 w i am short of power keep the vdf and purchase a 1.5 spindle.

I supose that is better to have this extra power and this way i can use the bigger vfd if i increase the spindle size.

So, please from your point of view witch vfd shouls i buy to follow this strategy 2.2 kw or 3 kw?

MAke all this sense? Thanks in advance
    I have the 2.2kw water cooled spindle and I'm very happy with it, it's almost 5 years since I use it daily and it's still running nice. I don't know why but until I added an

So, build your router so the table can be waterproof, and somewhere at the back make some groves or holes to collect the emulsion inside a tank, to recirculate it. This was big for me regarding milling aluminum !!!! Realy really important. I tried only with compressed air but it didn't work unfortunately.

Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
    I have the 2.2kw water cooled spindle and I'm very happy with it, it's almost 5 years since I use it daily and it's still running nice. I don't know why but until I added an

So, build your router so the table can be waterproof, and somewhere at the back make some groves or holes to collect the emulsion inside a tank, to recirculate it. This was big for me regarding milling aluminum !!!! Realy really important. I tried only with compressed air but it didn't work unfortunately.

Good luck.
    I apreciate the feedback. It semms a quite larger machine than the one that i'm building though. I am limited in space.

Reading this thread i realized that the huan yang vfd are reliable and cheap, strong combination.

If anyone can confirm that there are no issues, or even, is better to have a 3 kw vfd with an 0.8-1.5 kw spindle would be nice.

My intuition is pointing this way but a qualified/experienced opinion would be very helpful. Thanks!!

@Sergio76 My machine has a work area of 880 x 600mm, the VFD and spindle are both 2.2kw but if you want a 3kw VFD and a smaller spindle I don't see what could be wrong (other than spending extra money for the bigger VFD) I'm sure it will work, but why do you want to get a VFD with double the power of the spindle? Are you planing to upgrade your spindle in the feature ?

I posted to this thread a few months ago asking guys if they know what setting I must change to the VFD, to be able again to set the RPM to 24k, since I replaced the LCD module, in the past I had an LCD with buttons only, so changing the RPM always needed multiple presses on thos buttons, I purchased an potentiometer LCD module, it's much easier now to change the RPM, but since I mounted this module, the maximum RPM is ~12k , Anyone knows what setting I should change to be able to set the RPM to 24k ?

PS. I'm almost everytime milling at around 9.5k RPM, but there are times when I need a higher RPM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
    @Sergio76 My machine has a work area of 880 x 600mm, the VFD and spindle are both 2.2kw but if you want a 3kw VFD and a smaller spindle I don't see what could be wrong (other than spending extra money for the bigger VFD) I'm sure it will work, but why do you want to get a VFD with double the power of the spindle? Are you planing to upgrade your spindle in the feature ?
    Yes that's the idea.To be able of upgrading the spindle in case that i need more power. I know that for aluminum you should go on high rpm, but i don't know how is going to perform the 800 w on lower RPM for other materials.

I don't wanna over stress the whole machine putting a bigger spindle if i can work with a smaller one.

Good Luck with this LCD!

Yes that's the idea.To be able of upgrading the spindle in case that i need more power. I know that for aluminum you should go on high rpm, but i don't know how is going to perform the 800 w on lower RPM for other materials.

I don't wanna over stress the whole machine putting a bigger spindle if i can work with a smaller one.

Good Luck with this LCD!
    I don;t know how high RPM are you thinking to use, I was milling with 12k - 14k in that movie. Aluminum is not that easy to mill because it sticks to your endmills, if the RPM is too high it will stick very rapidly and brake the endmill in seconds.

My suggestion is to go for a 1.5kw spindle, is that much bigger than the 800w one ? Don't pay for a bigger VFD, get from the begginign a bigger Spindle, and a matched VFD and you will find the feed and speeds that work best for what you got. If you mill using small endmills, like 4mm I think any spindle will be good, you need more power when milling with larger end mills, or with a higher DOC .

As I said in my other posts, design your router table so it can handle spraying emulsion while cutting, it will help you a lot when milling aluminum. I mill most of the time policarbonate from 1 to 15mm thick, also MDF 22mm thick, aluminum from 6 to 40mm thick, and now on a new metal mill (Tormach) I mill steel parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck with this LCD!
    The smaller spindle will work 800w but you will be taking very light cuts, the more power the spindle has the better it will cut Aluminum, 3Kw VFD is the right size for a 2.2Kw spindle running on single phase power

A VFD should always have a higher rating when running on single phase power 1 Hp to 2Hp higher rating is the recommended norm

You won't over stress your machine with a larger spindle, you build your machine as rigid as you can, if your machine build is not strong enough then it will fail even with the small 800w spindle, if you intend to cut Aluminum

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks ovisopa and mactec54 for your answers, you helped me a lot. I will finally go to 1.5 kw spindle and 3 kw vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 1.5kw spindle + VFD. Ive cut 1.5mm aluminum per pass. The spindle will stall if you do a wrong entry. Next machine is definitely 2.2 or 3kw. Dont think you actually need a bigger VFD anyways.

Luthier/Woodworker/Machinist in NS, Canada.

Stall ?? With what end mill diameter and what RPM ? As with the wrong settings and end mill you can stall a 3kw spindle too. When I was milling I was using very few Watts even if the depth of cut was 7 timers higher than yours (10mm DOC)

Quote Originally Posted by jahnj0584 View Post
    I have a 1.5kw spindle + VFD. Ive cut 1.5mm aluminum per pass.
    I started up with similar DOC, but after I started using a mist system and trochoidal milling plugin for CamBam, to avoid having the end mill 100% engaged (I tried to avoid slot milling, with low DOC, like 1.5mm I could do slots, but with higher DOC I didn't tried) I could go and mill with a much higher DOC, 10mm DOC is also good as you use the whole end mill cutting side, not just the first 1.5mm of the blade!

If Sergio will use end mills 4mm, 6mm or even 8 mm with caution I'm sure the 1.5kw spindle will handle cutting through aluminum, it's all about finding the right settings. I found it more difficult to make holes, as for drills the RPM should be low, but at low RPM those spindles don't have any power.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive stalled with a 1/8 single flute pecking too hard, a 30mm mortise bit when leveling my MDF spoiler, and even just with my 6mm EM 10mm deep in hard wood. All of these at 16k, 14k for the 30mm bit.

Yes Im aware of adaptive clearing, but for sheet goods a ramped contour is always faster then adaptively clearing out 20 linear inches at a 0.02 pass width.

Luthier/Woodworker/Machinist in NS, Canada.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast