Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 20

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hi all, especially Mactec54.

I am hoping to start up my new spindle/vfd this weekend. I have read through this whole string of posts a couple of times now and believe I have extracted the details correctly to set this up. My first stage will be to just get the spindle powered up and controlled through the on-board panel of the VFD. Stage two will be to configure it to work with the MACH3 CNC software

Here is my plan, I am hoping you can check the details so that I don't do like others have done and that is to let the magic smoke get away.

VFD: Haunyang
    Spindle: 2.2Kw, 220V, 8.5A, 400Hz
    VFD & Spindle purchased together as a set from Ebay-Motor Mall

VFD Parameters
    PD000=0 (Parameter change: 0=not locked 1=locked
    PD001=0 (Control source: 0=VFD panel, 1=Remote Control)
    PD002=0 (Source of operating frequency: 0=VFD panel, 1=Remote Control)
    PD005=400 (Max Operating Frequency: 0.00 ~ 400 Hz)
    PD004=400 (Base Frequency: 0.01 ~ 400.00 Hz)
    PD003=400 (Main Frequency: 0.00 ~ 400.00 Hz)
    ** Motor Mall (supplier) suggests setting PD072 to 400
    PD007=20 (Min. Frequency: 0.01 ~ 20.00 Hz)
    PD008=220 (Max. Voltage: 0.1V and up)
    PD011=120 (Frequency lower limit: 0.00 ~ 400.00 Hz)
    PD009=15 (Intermediate voltage: 0.00 and up)
    PD010=8 (Minimum Voltage: 0.1~50.0)
    PD13= 08 (to restore VFD to Factory Default Settings)
    PD014 =12 (Accel time: 0.1 ~ 6500.0 seconds)
    PD015 =12 (Decel time: 0.1 ~ 6500.0 seconds) *see note below
    PD141=220 (Motor Rated Voltage - set to voltage rating from motor specs )
    PD142=9 (Motor Rated Amps - set to Amp rating from motor specs)
    PD143=2 (Motor Number of Poles - set to information from motor mfg.)
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM - Unsure of calculation to get this value???)
    * PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop

Wiring
    From source: 220v single phase (North America)
    3 wire, 14 gauge cable
    To
    10 AMP, 2 pole No Fuse Breaker
    To
    Dual pole switch
    To
    VFD (R = Hot #1, S = Hot #2, E = Ground wire)

VFD to Motor: (2.2Kw, 220V, 8.5A, 400Hz)
    U to motor
    V to motor
    W to motor
    Ground to motor ground (need to remove cap and add internal ground wire to housing)
    NOTE, with cover removed, determine which pins are used on the connector for UVW.
    Cable to motor will be 4 conductor, 18 gauge, shielded, High-flex cable

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Chris D

Downloads
    Uploads

The vfd / spindle setup went ok - mostly.

Configuration of the drive went well regarding parameters. Spindle started up fine, and ran fine. The spindle was even fairly well balanced with only slight vibrations.

The cap on my motor is plastic underneath the electrical connector so connecting the ground wire there was not an option. Instead, I pulled the ground wire out from the cable insulation and routed it outside the connector. I then connected it to the spindle bracket. Easy fix.

At present, I have a potentiometer on a remote panel to control the speed, and I have the on/off controlled by MACH3 via a relay.

Following typical "break in proceedures" of industrial spindles, I slowly (over a period of hours) broght the spindle up to 24,000 RPM. The spindle runs a lot hotter than I would expect.

QUESTION: How hot does your spindle get (this is the 2.2kw, air cooled spindle)? Most of the heat on mine comes from the lower bearing area. I can barely hold my hand on the spindle after it runs for about an hour.

Chris D

Downloads
    Uploads

I have two of those spindles, clamped to a board for testing. On one of them, the bearings are noticeably tighter than the other. But they seem to run at similar temperatures.
    What I noticed, was the first time I ran them, they got pretty warm. But they seem to run cooler as they were ran more. The longest I have run them was maybe 20 minutes, and they probably didn't get much more than 100-110°F. But not running at 24,000.
    What was the ambient temp when you were running them? It was about 60-65°F in my garage when I was running mine.
    In practice, I will probably rarely run them over 18,000 rpm. And mostly in the 12,000-15,000 range. From what I've seen, I didn't think they would run that hot, but that perception may change when they are actually cutting.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gerry,

The ambient was around 90 degrees F.

The spindle was probably in the range of 160 just guessing. I found my infrared thermometer this morning so next weekend I will run the spindle again to see what temps it actually gets up to.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I need a little help here.

I did the VFD parameter setup but the motor is like its surging at mid speed. It also shakes the machine badly. To listen the surge please watch the video below.

Motor is brand new. Specs are:
    Phases: 3 Ph
    Number of Poles: 2
    Frequency: 50 Hz
    Max Amps: 8.2
    Rated Voltage: 220v

VFD: Huanyang 4.0kw

What I've tried:
    - Removed the pulley (Same result)
    - I've tried to control the motor through the operator panel (to make sure the analog signal of the BB is good)
    - I've measured the motor shaft with a dial indicator to see if the shaft is true. It's perfectly true.

And this is my current setting (With the same order):

This .xls table can be downloaded here: http://puu.sh/x1gzF.xlsx

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Suat

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-vfd_params-jpg  
    Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way,

OK I checked this thread and I think I have to congratulate @mactec54 for being very patient all the time. He answered all the questions.

I believe he also has already answered my question here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...ml#post1768524

But the motor mentioned in the post has 4 poles. Mine has 2 poles. For the working frequency how high can I go with the motor? 100hz?

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    By the way,

OK I checked this thread and I think I have to congratulate @mactec54 for being very patient all the time. He answered all the questions.

I believe he also has already answered my question here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...ml#post1768524

But the motor mentioned in the post has 4 poles. Mine has 2 poles. For the working frequency how high can I go with the motor? 100hz?
    If your motor is a good quality, then you can go as high as 120Hz, 100Hz would be safe if you are unsure of the motor quality, make sure you have a minimum Hz setting, this parameter is important, running the motor too slow, it will over heat without using an electric fan to keep it cool

Both of these Parameters you set the same 20Hz may be as slow as you can go with this motor, you could try 15Hz
    PD011
    PD73

These 4 Parameters would be set to the Max Frequency that you are going to run 100Hz or 120Hz max

PD03
    PD04
    PD05
    PD72

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Got it.

Say I use 100hz max, the parameter PD144 (I think it is the speed at 50hz) will be the value that is written in the motor plate (2900 in mine)? Or do I divide it to 2 (1450RPM)? EDIT: or double (5800)?

Last edited by Azalin; 08-04-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Got it.

Say I use 100hz max, the parameter PD144 (I think it is the speed at 50hz) will be the value that is written in the motor plate (2900 in mine)? Or do I divide it to 2 (1450RPM)? EDIT: or double (5800)?
    If the motor rated is 2900 @ 50Hz, then 100Hz would double the RPM but because the max number for this VFD would be PD144 3000, this then give it no restriction on the RPM

Having 50Hz in your country your max for this motor would be 100Hz, so safe would be 80Hz with your 50Hz motor, if the quality is good then 100Hz will be fine

The 120Hz I listed is for a 60Hz motor

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting. The manual I have the max value for PD144 is 24000.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_20170804_175153-jpg  
    Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting. The manual I have the max value for PD144 is 24000.

That's good they may have finally changed it, then try set it to the RPM that you expect to get with 100Hz

This is what it has been for many years, there may be other changes that I have not seen, is there a number or anything on your manual or do you have a link to a PDF manual

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-speed-setting-pd144-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll take a look to the manual if there is a change list.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I've tried everything but no luck. The problem still persist. The motor surges at mid speed (700-1500 RPM) and shakes the machine. I've used the VFD it on my CNC-Router for 3 years without a single problem so I started to blame the motor (it's brand new ).

By the way, my VFD is not new. I noticed the parameters don't reset at all after I set PD013 to 08. Then I googled and find a post that the author mentioned 01 instead 08. So tried 01 and it did the reset. Weird.

The date I purchased the VFD is 07-16-2014 but I suspect it's much older than that.

Please see the VFD name plate in the attachment.

HY04D023B 220V 4.0KW General Variable Frequency Drive VFD Step-up Inverter $193.28 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Maybe I should buy a better motor. Maybe a 4 pole one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_20170804_213139-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_20170804_225759-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_20170804_225812-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_20170804_225825-jpg  

Last edited by Azalin; 08-04-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, I can not enter anything higher than 50 for PD003.

This definitely is not my best day. I feel hopeless.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, I can not enter anything higher than 50 for PD003.

This definitely is not my best day. I feel hopeless.

Your VFD may be a copy of the Huanyang, which may be the reason for some different Parameter settings, there have been many different copies of this VFD, I don't think it is resetting correctly

PD003 would of been set at 400 for your other spindle this is the main frequency that you would be running at

PD000=0 if this is 1 then the VFD will not reset

Your motor looks good, I would say there are some Parameters that have not reset to default

Try everything set at 50Hz and see how the motor runs at it's standard name plate Hz

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-parameter-reset-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    PD000=0 if this is 1 then the VFD will not reset
    I checked this. It's 0.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Try everything set at 50Hz and see how the motor runs at it's standard name plate Hz
    Tried this too. I also did a reset and touched nothing to see if the default settings would help but the result was same.

Maybe the motor has not been balanced.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

When I set PD013 to 8 (or 1 on mine) does it reset everything or just some parameters?

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

When I set PD013 to 8 (or 1 on mine) does it reset everything or just some parameters?

when you do a reset, after you enter the number, do you then press the Reset button, if it is working right it should reset the VFD's Default Parameters

You could take your motor to a motor repair shop and get them to run it and see if it is the problem

It also could be a frequency band that the motor does not like, what you do is you have to skip those frequencies that the motor does not like, I don't think skip frequency is available in these VFD Drives
    Look at PD006 try that at 20 or higher

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I took the motor to a repair shop as you suggested. They were about to close the shop but the guy did a quick exam. The motor worked flawlessly. I was ready to buy a new motor if anything was gone wrong but it ran good. Then I brought it back to home and continued my trials. I then wanted to try another torque curve. I tried one of the high torque curve and it worked perfect.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

I took the motor to a repair shop as you suggested. They were about to close the shop but the guy did a quick exam. The motor worked flawlessly. I was ready to buy a new motor if anything was gone wrong but it ran good. Then I brought it back to home and continued my trials. I then wanted to try another torque curve. I tried one of the high torque curve and it worked perfect.

So you used the PD006

You can use PD145 also, which is for auto Torque Compensation, this helps with the PD006 settings

Adjust PD041 Carrier Frequency do this in small steps, this parameter will make the motor run smoother and with less frequency noise, 8 to 10 can be normal for this Parameter, look for Heating of the VFD and Motor, when adjusting this Parameter

Mactec54

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast