Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 17

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Westcliff View Post
    Can these VFDs run at constant speed?
    Do I have the settings wrong, or am I misunderstanding how the VFD works?
    It is my understanding that a VFD's are able to maintain the set rpms by adjusting power. However, when my setup is lightly loaded down the rpms drop. The current increases but the rpms are not maintained.

My Setup:
    Spindle: Water Cooled, 1.5KW, 110V, 400Hz, 24000rpm, 8Amp
    Inverter: Huanyang HY01D511B, 1.5KW/110V, 110V Input and Output
    Source: Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/MYSWEETY-Cool...5kw+water+110v
    Using the pot on the front of the VFD. Can get all the way up to 24,000 rpm. Other than this constant speed issue, everything is working fine.

Parameters I'm using:
    PD001 = 0
    PD002 = 1
    PD003 = 400
    PD004 = 400
    PD005 = 400
    PD007 = 10
    PD008 = 110
    PD009 = 14
    PD010 = 7
    PD011 = 120
    PD014 = 10
    PD015 = 10
    PD070 = 1
    PD072 = 400
    PD73 = 120
    PD141 = 110
    PD142 = 8
    PD143 = 2
    PD144 = 3000
    You amps should be much higher when running on 120V try to increase 120v=12.5a for 1.5Kw, so try it at 10 amps and see if it is any better, you can expect it to drop in RPM if you are taking to big a cut, try with lighter cuts to find the ideal running without the drop in RPM, more torque can be added but this would be a risk you would be taking

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You amps should be much higher when running on 120V try to increase 120v=12.5a for 1.5Kw, so try it at 10 amps and see if it is any better, you can expect it to drop in RPM if you are taking to big a cut, try with lighter cuts to find the ideal running without the drop in RPM, more torque can be added but this would be a risk you would be taking
    I'm using this for a different application, not a CNC which it seems like it would work fine for.
    So, turns out I will not be able to hold a specific rpm regardless of load. I don't fully understand it but it has something to do with the fact that this spindle motor is an induction motor and is self commutating. Looks like if you want to be able to control RPM directly you will need a motor with an encoder/sensor. I believe that while this system for most purposes seems to be constant speed, it is actually constant power or possibly constant torque. While spinning at 7k rpm i can slow the spindle down to around 5000-5500 with my fingers (not recommended!).

Thanks for everyone's help in this forum though. I would not have gotten this far without your comments. You guys saved me from most of the headaches from this VFD.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using this for a different application, not a CNC which it seems like it would work fine for.
    So, turns out I will not be able to hold a specific rpm regardless of load. I don't fully understand it but it has something to do with the fact that this spindle motor is an induction motor and is self commutating. Looks like if you want to be able to control RPM directly you will need a motor with an encoder/sensor. I believe that while this system for most purposes seems to be constant speed, it is actually constant power or possibly constant torque. While spinning at 7k rpm i can slow the spindle down to around 5000-5500 with my fingers (not recommended!).

Thanks for everyone's help in this forum though. I would not have gotten this far without your comments. You guys saved me from most of the headaches from this VFD.
    The minimum speed for these spindles is 6,000 RPM, even at 7,000 RPM they have very little torque, I did do some torque settings that can help this situation, but you use them at a risk of damage to the spindle motor, some take it just fine where others will fail

Here are some numbers I Tested, start with the lower numbers, but don't go above these max numbers or your spindle will fail

Here are numbers that I tested @ 100 Hz ( 6,000 RPM ) you can use up to a max of 40% increase in the*voltage,55v*to 77v but at 250 Hz ( 15,000 RPM ) the max increase can only be 12% 137.5v to 154v at 150 Hz it was a max of 20% 82.5v to 99v

The auto torque compensation, will give your spindle more torque to overcome, a sudden heavy cut, to help prevent the spindle from stalling Here are numbers that I tested @ 100 Hz ( 6,000 RPM ) you can use up to a max of 40% increase in the*voltage,55v*to 77v but at 250 Hz ( 15,000 RPM ) the max increase can only be 12% 137.5v to 154v at 150 Hz it was a max of 20% 82.5v to 99v

For getting more torque PD145 can be adjusted, this is auto torque compensation, Default is 2% to a max of 10%
    I would not run, or do the settings that aggressive, they are an*absolute*Max, what you have to watch for is over saturation of the windings, which can happen very quickly with these aggressive settings, so aim for the middle between the minimum & max voltage, this would be a lot safer*

The auto torque compensation, will give your spindle more torque to overcome, a sudden heavy cut, to help prevent the spindle from stalling

I have only posted this one other time for good reason if used incorrectly, you will burn up a spindle in a flash

Last edited by mactec54; 03-22-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Can these VFDs run at constant speed?
    VFD's usually come in three varieties, VF/Hz, Sensor-less Vector and Encoder feedback.
    The VF/Hz variety just output a certain frequency and hope for the best.
    The Sensorless Vector use a microprocessor to take an electronic snap shot and try and maintain a 90° vector angle between stator current and rotor.
    Finally the encoder version has the closest control, as would be expected due to its feedback ability.
    Al..

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cownc View Post
    Here are the markings on it just to confirm

Thanks for all the details, I tried changing PD142 past 7 but it appears to be capped there and was unable to raise it. Any suggestions? I double checked my motor wiring and it appears to be correct.
    I have the same motor/vfd. My motor has the same markings, except it is missing the "5A" label. The online documentation lists it as a 12A max. This was the only way I could find that allows 120V operation so I don't have to mess around with running a new 240V line.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

i have 2 of these vfds and so far so good. I have one on my lathe and one on my mill, bith manual machines. I would like to connect an emergency stop switch but the allen bradley swith I found was an intermittent contact switch. I thought there was a way that the unit could be set up so that grounding the RST terminal would stop everything. It does, but when you release the switch it starts back up! Can anyone tell be if there are parameter settings that will allow me to use a momentary contact switch as an emergency stop?

Thanks

Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    i have 2 of these vfds and so far so good. I have one on my lathe and one on my mill, bith manual machines. I would like to connect an emergency stop switch but the allen bradley swith I found was an intermittent contact switch. I thought there was a way that the unit could be set up so that grounding the RST terminal would stop everything. It does, but when you release the switch it starts back up! Can anyone tell be if there are parameter settings that will allow me to use a momentary contact switch as an emergency stop?

Thanks

Scott
    If you Ground RST then you will have a dead short and will fry anything in it's path, do some reading VFD drives don't like being stopped with an Estop, you can easily smoke the drive by doing this, you can switch it on off or estop it from the Terminals that control Forward /Reverse and Stop

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

If you Ground RST then you will have a dead short
    I believe that he means the input terminal that controls PD046, labeled RST (reset?)

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello guys,

I installed a new LCD/buttons module to my HY 2.2kw VFD, but this one with a potentiometer as I always feeled that changing the rpm though buttons is way slow, I remember I have changed only one setting, and a jumper, but since than my VFD is not able to power my spindle at a higher value than 12000rpm, before this I could go up to ~24000rpm

Any ideea what I might need to change to be able to reach the higer speed also ?

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I believe that he means the input terminal that controls PD046, labeled RST (reset?)
    Yes that's what I meant. I am already using a 3 posn switch for forward, rev and stop, but it takes precious milliseconds to find the switch and turn it the right way. How can I set it up to turn off with an intermittent contact switch?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

I had a few points of confusion regarding related spindles/VFD's. I do know 110 V VFD's do exist, but have also heard that all the spindles, even if sold with a 110 V VFD are 220 V. How, exactly, does that work ? The spec sheets for the Huanyang modules I have seen all show Vin = Vout.

Basically I am trying to find the highest power combination VFD/spindle that I can run at 110V as 220V wiring just isn't practical for me at this time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nevermnd View Post
    Hi all,

I had a few points of confusion regarding related spindles/VFD's. I do know 110 V VFD's do exist, but have also heard that all the spindles, even if sold with a 110 V VFD are 220 V. How, exactly, does that work ? The spec sheets for the Huanyang modules I have seen all show Vin = Vout.

Basically I am trying to find the highest power combination VFD/spindle that I can run at 110V as 220V wiring just isn't practical for me at this time.
    I ordered this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...08.4.12.UCCOYZ as I didn't want to run a 220V line.

The web site specified 110V at 47-63Hz, but the inverter is labeled 50Hz+/-5Hz. I guess this should be OK to run in the US at 60Hz.

I hope you are correct that all spindles are 220V even if they are labeled 110V. The VFD is labeled with an output of 3PH 0~110AC 1.5KW 13A 0.50-400.00Hz. It was even pre-programmed with all of the parameters as far as I can tell, except the output voltage is programmed to 220V and 7A. I can lower the output voltage to 110V, but it won't let me raise the current above 7A. I will try it with 110V and 7A spindle outputs and may gradually raise the voltage to see how it runs. I tested it briefly and it works, but I am still waiting for my coolant pump, so I didn't let it run very long.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by steve323 View Post
    I ordered this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...08.4.12.UCCOYZ as I didn't want to run a 220V line.

The web site specified 110V at 47-63Hz, but the inverter is labeled 50Hz+/-5Hz. I guess this should be OK to run in the US at 60Hz.

I hope you are correct that all spindles are 220V even if they are labeled 110V. The VFD is labeled with an output of 3PH 0~110AC 1.5KW 13A 0.50-400.00Hz. It was even pre-programmed with all of the parameters as far as I can tell, except the output voltage is programmed to 220V and 7A. I can lower the output voltage to 110V, but it won't let me raise the current above 7A. I will try it with 110V and 7A spindle outputs and may gradually raise the voltage to see how it runs. I tested it briefly and it works, but I am still waiting for my coolant pump, so I didn't let it run very long.

Steve
    I ran my 2.2kv without coolant for over a year with no ill effects. Max temp never got over 110°F

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know if the Huanyang can be adjusted to the analog sped control voltage. At full speed, my speed control only puts out about 9.7V (I need to double check), which gives me a maximum speed of 373Hz, or about 22,300 RPM. Is there a way to either increase the 10V out from the VFD, or adjust the frequency/voltage ratio?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't PD055 gain adjustment give you that?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Huanyang can be adjusted to the analog sped control voltage. At full speed, my speed control only puts out about 9.7V (I need to double check), which gives me a maximum speed of 373Hz, or about 22,300 RPM. Is there a way to either increase the 10V out from the VFD, or adjust the frequency/voltage ratio?
    I found it best to use an independent, 0-10 volt supply that can be adjusted, for the PWM

PD071 May help this is all related to PD072 and PD073 also

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I figured out a simple workaround that works very well.

I set PD070 to use a 0-5V analog input.
    In UCCNC, I set my max PWM% to 53%. This gives me 5V to the VFD, and 24,000 rpm.
    I need to play with the PWM min% to dial in my low end speed range, but it's working great with the analog speed control of my MB2 breakout board.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

bought a huanyang HY02D223B to put on a milling machine i was using a 15 HP rotophase to run.....trying to get rid of paying to run a 15 HP motor just to turn the 1 hp motor.....

anyway the motor is a 1HP, 220 volt, 3.6 amp, 60 cycle, 1800 RPM ..from the nameplate..USA motor

can i use the settings mactec54 gave GunShow in post #118 and just tweak the numbers to the above specs? not using any remote or pot....

would that be the best setting/s to use in this instance...??

thanks in advance........

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alltaken View Post
    bought a huanyang HY02D223B to put on a milling machine i was using a 15 HP rotophase to run.....trying to get rid of paying to run a 15 HP motor just to turn the 1 hp motor.....

anyway the motor is a 1HP, 220 volt, 3.6 amp, 60 cycle, 1800 RPM ..from the nameplate..USA motor

can i use the settings mactec54 gave GunShow in post #118 and just tweak the numbers to the above specs? not using any remote or pot....

would that be the best setting/s to use in this instance...??

thanks in advance........
    That is correct just use your motor spec's and you would be good to go

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the quick reply........

Just so i am on the same page here.............the base and main frequencies can be set at 120 ?

and PD014.....what is the quickest decel i can set without causing any harm...? 5 ish?

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast