Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 16

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by discojon View Post
    Just take one of the screws holding the connector out, make a short wire with ring terminal, run screw from inside through ring terminal through connector. Mine has been this way for over a year now.
    Kind of very tight to do any work there and all wiring around very flimsy

Did you solder the new ground wire to terminal4? Seems very difficult due to limited space

If you didn’t solder how you got the new ground to the other side?

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solderer to pin 4 on the inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Will do that, thanks

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's what mine looks like. It's an easy fix. I'll solder a wire to the pin 4 terminal and attach it to the spindle body when I screw it back together.

I wonder how many people think they have a grounded spindle and don't know the pin needs to be wired. I learned something important today.

Attachment 343246

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You already have created a Ground loop and don't even know it

You are making a ridiculous statement, you live in the USA, the seller lives in China and they don't use a Ground, so of course, he would not know any better than to say what he did, the input wiring you have shown is also not up to code for a VFD connection

The #4 Pin is a Dummy Yes !! and you have to fix it, you said you read the manual, then I suggest that you read it again, before you make such a ridiculous and dangerous statement, here is what your manual will tell you a snip from your manual

I'd like to know what is wrong with the input wiring. I'm really trying to learn so rather than just ask you outright I'm trying to figure it out myself.

I'm using 14 guage wire. It's coming off a 20A circuit so I suppose the code might require 12 gauge, but the spindle is rated for 8.5A so I think it's ok.

Wire coloring. I'm using standard 14/2 wire but colored one wire red so I'm not using a white for a hot lead.

The bare ground is connected to the ground terminal.

There are three input terminals: R, S, and T. I am using R and S but I think the code might require that R and T is used. This is where I think the problem is.

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

rickzva

There is no code related to R- S- T Terminal Connection, R and T on these VFD Drives gives a better balance, some manufacture will say which Terminal you should connect use for single Phase connection

The cable you are using, Romex cable, is fine for in wall wiring, but is not suitable for wiring anything like this, you used a good cable for the VFD to Spindle connection, the input should be treated the same way, it does not have to be shielded but it should be a quality cable of the right Gauge, there are other ways the supply power can be wired to a VFD, but most use a suitable cable

The input Amps can be more than double of what the output is needed for the spindle, so it could go as high as 17 amps, if your spindle is 8.5A, your 14G wire would be under what is required, you have a 2.2Kw Spindle the amps would be 10A amps at 220v, 9A if you use 240v if you don't set the VFD Parameters correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

If I'm not mistaken R=L1, S=L2, T=Neutral(White)

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    If I'm not mistaken R=L1, S=L2, T=Neutral(White)
    No Neutral is not used if you are using 240v in NA, if you connect Neutral when using 240v in NA you will damage the VFD, Only ( 2 ) Input Terminals can be used for Single Phase

For 120v Single Phase you will have ( 1 ) Hot L1 wire a Neutral and Ground R=L1 Hot T= Neutral ( E ) Ground/Earth

For 240v Single Phase you will have ( 2 ) Hot wires L1 and L2 and a Ground R=L1 Hot T=L2 Hot ( E ) Ground/Earth

This is how it is for North America

Other countries use different voltages, from 200v 220v 230v, for Single Phase, there connections have ( 1 ) L1 Hot wire a Neutral and ( E ) Ground, there connections for this VFD would be R=L1 Hot T=Neutral ( E ) Ground/Earth

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be doing this work tomorrow and wonder, did you pull out the wires from terminals 1-3 to free the female part from the cap?

Looks like the heat shrink tube covers the terminals too.

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    I will be doing this work tomorrow and wonder, did you pull out the wires from terminals 1-3 to free the female part from the cap?

Looks like the heat shrink tube covers the terminals too.

I left the cap in place and just soldered a wire to the fourth pin on the underside of the cap.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rick, where did you attach the other end of the wire you solder to the fourth pin?

I have attached some pictures of the work I did (I had no green color heatshrink sleeve so I used red). Checking continuity now I have a ground between pin 4 and the body of the spindle. The screw holding the ground wire could not sit properly because the underside of the spindle cap is cone shapped so I wedged the ground terminal to the conned surface and tighten as much as I could. Later I will connect the water pump again to check if I have any leaks

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You guys seriously are making this way to difficult. Shouldn't make more that 10 min tops. Yea that is done correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads

discojon you must be a genius LOL, but my fingers are too big for such a job plus my soldering skills not the best around. I hope it will hold the way I did it

Anyway your idea was top notch!

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Ok, not looking for a debate, only asking a question and trying to make this clearer for myself. I know VFD's is your field.

R and T are inputs and used for 220v.

If using the same connection for 110v than this will require a neutral on one of these connections correct?

I'm perfectly aware of the difference between ground and neutral. Neutral is a return path for supply current and may not always be 0 volts. That's why not needed for 220v, the 2 hot leads use each other for that.

BUT the neutral bar is grounded at the main source. So wouldn't connecting a neutral to R or T have the same ill effect as a ground?

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Neutral is the return path

A Ground connection would cause a dead short, so everything that is Grounded in you machine Etc, would be live, if the Breaker did not trip, and if you touched any part of your machine you would be Zapped

You will find the Neutral is only connected to Ground at the Main Power entrance to a Building, any sub box from that point, which most have, the Neutral is not connected to Ground, ( By Code anyway ) You would connect Neutral to the T Terminal depending on the VFD Manufacturer some it would be connected to the S terminal
    I know a neutral is a return path, it seems you just parroted that from my post.

My next question my help other DIYers in NA that had there home built before the 90's and the neutral is used as a ground for 220 volt. What's your suggestion for wiring there VFD? New service?

Downloads
    Uploads

I know a neutral is a return path, it seems you just parroted that from my post.
    You are starting you BS again, you asked the question, check what you posted, here is what you posted, ( If using the same connection for 110v than this will require a neutral on one of these connections correct? ) I gave you the answer

My next question my help other DIYers in NA that had there home built before the 90's and the neutral is used as a ground for 220 volt. What's your suggestion for wiring there VFD? New service?
    Its as simple as to check the code requirements for doing such an install, you will find for it to be legal there electrical system would have to be upgraded

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

If Neutral is being used as protective ground, then it would be wired to the protective ground terminal.

Not really a safe practice though. An imbalaced load between the two 110v circuits can raise neutal above ground potential if the bonding at the panel isn't good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by invoee View Post
    Hearing from your words, I'm very sad. Huanyang grand ,AS I CHINESE, I never heard, i don't know why so many people talk it.
    Only 45 days ,it's broken , my god.
    One of the reasons most buy the Huanyang is the price, but the manual and support leave alot to be desired, this is whay many get into trouble.
    If one is going to pay slightly more there are higher quality ones with factory support such as Hitachi etc.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys. Gee I am seeing a debate about simple wiring and not so much about the many parameters the VFD holds. These parameters and setting the unit up are the discussion in this thread are they not?

I believe if one is unable to wire up the input and output of this unit they should probably get someone in who can, in the matter of safety? Yes? Far out!

But what I did want to say, was the fact I have a Huanyang Chinese unit and a 2.2kw air cooled spindle. I have used it for way over its duty cycle at times, cutting dry, alloys, steels, hard-woods (which are rougher than metals), and have absolutely no issues. The setup is fantastic at a DIY price. In fact I am running a business with my router. I am pleased I bought it.

Regards Boyd

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rickzva View Post

There are three input terminals: R, S, and T. I am using R and S but I think the code might require that R and T is used. This is where I think the problem is.

Rick
    I have used R & S for these VFD's have not found any difference between using any combo.
    The manual say the 'If single phase The source meets two Wilfully' what ever that means, I believe it means pick any two!! when translated from the Chinese, just about all the Utube videos showing running and setting up show many users using R&S.
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 02-23-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can these VFDs run at constant speed?
    Do I have the settings wrong, or am I misunderstanding how the VFD works?
    It is my understanding that a VFD's are able to maintain the set rpms by adjusting power. However, when my setup is lightly loaded down the rpms drop. The current increases but the rpms are not maintained.

My Setup:
    Spindle: Water Cooled, 1.5KW, 110V, 400Hz, 24000rpm, 8Amp
    Inverter: Huanyang HY01D511B, 1.5KW/110V, 110V Input and Output
    Source: Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/MYSWEETY-Cool...5kw+water+110v
    Using the pot on the front of the VFD. Can get all the way up to 24,000 rpm. Other than this constant speed issue, everything is working fine.

Parameters I'm using:
    PD001 = 0
    PD002 = 1
    PD003 = 400
    PD004 = 400
    PD005 = 400
    PD007 = 10
    PD008 = 110
    PD009 = 14
    PD010 = 7
    PD011 = 120
    PD014 = 10