absolutely new...anyone close to my area???

Thread: absolutely new...anyone close to my area???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default absolutely new...anyone close to my area???

Truth is I am so new, I am not sure how to ask the dumb questions I have...I guess I have just enough info to be of danger and embarrassment to you folks.

Here is how I started all wrong...I am a Nam Vet living on a very limited income, work part-time as a Veteran Benefits Officer, and somehow I became fascinated with the possibilities of the CNC world. With said limited income, I bought a Chinese 3040 off EBay.....Of course, I now realize how stupid that was, but I am stuck with what I have.

After 4 months, I STILL can't get the darn thing to do what I want it to do...I need someone who can guide me through the basics that I some how can't figure out...I think I have things set right, but I must still be missing something.
    I am ATTEMPTING TO USE Mach3 but am confounded by the many settings.
    Like the right setup....
    My immediate goal is to carve the 5 different Military logos for our Veterans.
    Any preliminary guidance would be helpful, (other than using my equipment as a boat anchor! )
    I am living in Eastern Tennessee about 45 miles north of Chattanooga. (Rockwood, TN)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: absolutely new...anyone close to my area???

Well on my opinion purchasing a chinese CNC is OK sir it just sucks because they lack proper documentation on their products, but here in the shop where I worked we use all chinese CNC`s it just depends on how you set-up the machine or fine tune it to make it perfect. you can ask questions here in your thread and some pictures on your unit, a lot of members here are willing to help you out on your "misery" if that`s what you call it, making a LOGO on a 3040 is a breeze sir if you ask me

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails absolutely new...anyone close to my area???-1-jpg   absolutely new...anyone close to my area???-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: absolutely new...anyone close to my area???

Hi, I sympathise with your ignorance........go on UTUBE and browse the various videos on setting up a router or working with Mach 3...... (if you've seen one you've seen them all, big or small).........until you learn the basics you won't make music......ask me how I know.
    Ian.