Looking for assistance in the Southeast Louisiana region

Thread: Looking for assistance in the Southeast Louisiana region

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for assistance in the Southeast Louisiana region

Hello all, I have purchased a business with a 3 axis K2 CNC router. We make holes in cast aluminum enclosures to customer specs, the enclosures are for DIY guitar effect pedal builders. Anyway, I have had the machine for 2 months and I am looking for support and I willing to pay for said support if needed. The machine seems to loose it mind on occasion, for instance when starting a code it my run straight up on the Z axis and hit the limit switch, or run straight down onto the table. Although it has done weird things like this before, this particular issue has come up recently after I dismantled the machine and replaced bearings on the ends of the ball screws. Another thing is that when moving the router with the arrow keys it may just decide to keep going after you release the key, it may stop after a second or two or it may not.

So, I am looking for help addressing these problems as well as learning best practices in operation. It would be ideal if someone could pay us a visit, go through the setup of the machine, the software and and teach us a few things. The software is Rhino and Mach III.

Thanks,
    Randy
    Hammond, Louisiana

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for assistance in the Southeast Louisiana region

Well Friday brings some changes, I started off by replacing the wireless mouse with a wired one to eliminate possible RF interference and we did not have the Z axis problems today. The Z axis problems were intermittent so I am not ready to say it was fixed and we have a new problem; after stopping the router by clicking the stop on Mach 3 nothing would move again until a reboot of the computer. I do not know what is up with this new problem, possible a software problem, I do not know.

I am still hoping to find someone who can come to our and help us out, not only with the issues but also teach us some best practices.

Thanks,
    Randy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems that the intermittent problems were due to RF interference from the wireless mouse and keyboard. Everything is running a lot better now but I am still hoping to find an experienced person in my area to give us some tips and help us out with a few things.

Thanks,
    Randy

Randy,
    Were you able to find anyone local to assist you with the cnc? I purchased a used Omnitech Pal and will be looking for assistance when I set it up.