need help learning to build a cnc mill. Greensboro area

Thread: need help learning to build a cnc mill. Greensboro area

Default need help learning to build a cnc mill. Greensboro area

I'm new to the cnc just happened across it while looking for a TV lift to build. Next I started looking at some of the cnc machines.
    I came across some parts that i think i can rework and make a cnc. I would like to mill metal if I can.
    I'm from the Greensboro NC area and I would like to sit down with someone with the knowledge and skills about building and setting up a small cnc mill.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need help learning to build a cnc mill. Greensboro area

What kind of metal do you want to machine?
    What kind of parts do you have already?

There is a very wide range of capabilities and budgets in the diy cnc world.

I would like to do aluminum mostly, maybe some steel.
    The parts i have came off a x-y acess table for wafer plates for placing a mirco chip on a strap one of the parts for creating a RFID tag.
    Maybe with a little work could use this for parts.
    I just found out that new, this item was 35000.00 for the kind of machine it went on is now old techknowledge.
    need help learning to build a cnc mill.     Greensboro area-274-jpgneed help learning to build a cnc mill.     Greensboro area-274-jpgneed help learning to build a cnc mill.     Greensboro area-276-jpgneed help learning to build a cnc mill.     Greensboro area-279-jpgneed help learning to build a cnc mill.     Greensboro area-279-jpg

I would like to do aluminum mostly, maybe some steel.
    The parts i have came off a x-y acess table for wafer plates for placing a mirco chip on a strap one of the parts for creating a RFID tag.
    Maybe with a little work could use this for parts.
    I just found out that new, this item was 35000.00 for the kind of machine it went on is now old technology.Attachment 274698Attachment 274698Attachment 274700Attachment 274702Attachment 274704Attachment 274706Attachment 274708Attachment 274710Attachment 274712Attachment 274714

Then I could be wrong and cant use any of this

junior

Downloads
    Uploads

You may be able to use some of the parts for sure.
    Maybe some of the wiring, sensors, belts and pulleys.
    I know you could use the profile rails and trucks.
    You will need quite a bit more stuff though.
    Several of use have built our own mills here. May more have fully converted manual mills and then some have done half breeds of both.
    The best thing I can suggest is for you to read through some of these build logs for some ideas.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...e-project-log/
    Some are pretty detailed and include electronics choices. Some are older though, so some newer products have came on the market since then.
    Good luck with it.

Lee