Off Topic but still relevant - Amazon wont ship to South Africa !!!

Thread: Off Topic but still relevant - Amazon wont ship to South Africa !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Off Topic but still relevant - Amazon wont ship to South Africa !!!

Amazon Your AccountAmazon.com
    Message From Customer Service
    Hello,
    Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:
    Initial Question: Hi - trying to submit an order but I keep getting "Some of the items in your order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Please select a new address to see your estimated order total. " when I estimate shipping and tax - even removed the heavier items but still get the message - WHAT IS GOING ON???
    10:47 AM PDT Malik(Amazon): Hello, my name is Malik. I'm here to help you today.
    10:47 AM PDT Aubrey: hi
    10:47 AM PDT Malik: could you please help me with the order number and your address where you would like to ship the item ?
    10:48 AM PDT Aubrey: have not got as far as getting the order accepted yet - its still in my cart
    10:48 AM PDT Malik: Alr
    Alright.,
    Please help me with your address ?
    10:49 AM PDT Malik: dafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino v2.3 Kit is this the item you are referring to ?
    10:49 AM PDT Aubrey: hang on - trying to find out what I entered exactly
    Yes
    10:49 AM PDT Malik: alright.
    10:50 AM PDT Aubrey: XXXXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXX, Gauteng XXXX
    South Africa
    10:50 AM PDT Malik: Could you please help me with your valid zip code.
    ?
    10:51 AM PDT Aubrey: XXXX (has been for 26 years)
    10:51 AM PDT Malik: Alright.
    10:52 AM PDT Malik: Could you please wait while I look this for you ?
    10:52 AM PDT Aubrey: ok - thanks
    10:53 AM PDT Malik: you can go ahead and enter your country name that is South africa.
    Ship to:
    select shipping method at the right hand side of the page.
    10:54 AM PDT Malik: you can enter zip code or country name .
    to check whether the item will ship or no
    10:54 AM PDT Aubrey: tells me "no city for this ZIP Code"
    10:55 AM PDT Malik: this is because the seller does not ship the item to you address.
    As the item which you have selected is a seller item.
    10:55 AM PDT Aubrey: but they are all shipped by amazon - made sure of that
    10:56 AM PDT Malik: That sold and shipped by seller on our market place.
    https://www.amazon.com/Arduino-UNO-b...=1&*entries*=0
    This item will ship to your country.
    10:57 AM PDT Aubrey: hold on - amazon page crashed...
    10:57 AM PDT Malik: Alright As I have just checked and see that the other item is sold by seller and fulfilled by amazon.
    please refresh the page .
    10:58 AM PDT Aubrey: I have put everything back into the cart - will remove UNO board - hold on
    10:59 AM PDT Malik: As I see that there are total 4 items in your cart .
    10:59 AM PDT Aubrey: UNO board is on wish list - still happening
    11:00 AM PDT Aubrey: What now?
    11:02 AM PDT Malik: In this case I request you to place the order for the item which is eligible to be shipped to your country .
    11:03 AM PDT Aubrey: I looked in the list of elegibe countries for every item - South Africa WAS NOT THERE - Botswana and Mozambique were but not SA
    11:06 AM PDT Malik: could you please wait while I look this for you ?
    11:07 AM PDT Malik: As I have checked and see that the item not eligible for shipping to your country .
    11:07 AM PDT Aubrey: ok
    11:09 AM PDT Aubrey: on https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201074230 it clearly states that Amazon's products can be shipped to South Africa
    11:10 AM PDT Malik: Please go ahead and try to place the with your shipping address for the items in your cart
    and update me if you find any error.
    11:11 AM PDT Aubrey:
    ERROR
    Important Message
    There was a problem with some of the items in your order (see below for more information):
    [3D CAM] 2 PCS Flexible Couplings 5mm to 8mm NEMA 17 Shaft for RepRap 3D Printer or CNC Machine
    [3D CAM] 2 PCS Flexible Couplings 5mm to 8mm NEMA 17 Shaft for RepRap 3D Printer or CNC Machine
    Switching Power Supply 200W 12V 16.5A for 3D Printer Kits 115V/230V S-201-12
    Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino v2.3 Kit
    Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino v2.3 Kit
    Stepper Motor Nema 17 Bipolar 40mm 64oz.in(45Ncm) 2A 4 Lead 3D Printer Hobby CNC
    Stepper Motor Nema 17 Bipolar 40mm 64oz.in(45Ncm) 2A 4 Lead 3D Printer Hobby CNC
    11:12 AM PDT Malik: Alright.
    11:12 AM PDT Aubrey: It is telling me to change my address - do I have to move to America to get Amazon to ship to me?
    11:15 AM PDT Malik: please wait for a minute I will just check for your addresss
    11:15 AM PDT Aubrey: ok
    11:18 AM PDT Malik: As I have just checked placing the order to your address.
    I would like to inform you that due to government restriction the item cannot be shipped to your address.
    11:19 AM PDT Aubrey: WHAT ????
    11:19 AM PDT Malik: Yes the item cannot be shipped to your address .
    11:19 AM PDT Aubrey: Is South Africa all of a sudden being regarded as a terrorist state or something?
    11:19 AM PDT Malik: As the items are not eligible to ship to your address.
    11:20 AM PDT Aubrey: This is absolute BS.
    11:21 AM PDT Malik: I really do understand your concern Aubrey
    11:21 AM PDT Aubrey: I have bought on Amazon before without problems - when did this policy come into effect?
    11:21 AM PDT Malik: There are some items in your that are not shipped to you address.
    11:22 AM PDT Malik: I have personally tried placing the order using your address.
    11:22 AM PDT Aubrey: The whole shopping cart "is not shipped"
    11:23 AM PDT Aubrey: So that means that Amazon is not willing to sell to a potential 53 MILLION South Africans - NICE ONE....
    11:25 AM PDT Malik: I really do understand your concern Aubrey .
    11:25 AM PDT Aubrey: OK - if that is the case then I had better spread the word on the local forums and blogs - don't bother trying to buy from Amazon
    11:25 AM PDT Malik: But due to shipping restriction the items cannot be shipped to your address.
    11:26 AM PDT Malik: I really do understand your concern.
    I would have loved to help you with this but due some policies and shipping restriction of the seller the item cannot be shipped to your address.
    I hope you understand.
    11:27 AM PDT Aubrey: WHAT shipping restrictions? I am buying an almost identical cart of goods to that which was purchased by a colleague a few months ago and it worked then.
    WHAT doe the shipping pollicy of the seller have to do with anything?
    All the items are warehoused and shipped by Amazon !!!!
    11:28 AM PDT Malik: I really do understand your concern Aubrey
    11:29 AM PDT Malik: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...05270&pop-up=1
    11:30 AM PDT Aubrey: OK - - you cannot do anything about it except understand my concern - BUT you had better get a copy of this discussion to someone who can give some answers as I am going to send a copy to everyone in South Africa
    11:31 AM PDT Aubrey: OK - the url says "Try looking for another seller."
    11:32 AM PDT Aubrey: Maybe Ebay wants to do business with South Africa - I'll try them
    11:32 AM PDT Malik: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new
    11:33 AM PDT Malik: other sellers are available on this link for the above two items.
    11:34 AM PDT Aubrey: And they are all "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" - how is that going to help me?
    11:35 AM PDT Malik: I have checked with my resources the item are not shipped to South Africa due to manufacturer warranty restrictions .
    11:36 AM PDT Malik: I have also forward your issue as a feedback to our concern team so that they look after this .
    11:37 AM PDT Malik: I hope we are still connected .
    11:38 AM PDT Aubrey: OK Malik - Obviously something is wrong with the Amazon site and you and I typing about it is not going to get any resolution so I thank you for your time and am saying goodbye - maybe we all have better luck on Ebay...
    11:39 AM PDT Malik: I really do understand your concern.
    11:39 AM PDT Aubrey: bye
    11:39 AM PDT Malik: I have forwarded this issue to our concern department
    Thank you.
    Amazon.com