Downloads
    Uploads

I got it:Outputs / pin 16

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Why no South African posts?

dust extraction: the bane of my existence
    I have made a few attempts to do this, and it has worked with varying degrees of success
    one item which eludes me is the strip brushes to make a proper seal.
    I need this to work well because I don't have a lot of power in the extractor (1 hp, 750 watt, high flow - low pressure shop dust extractor)
    So I spent some time to get the strip brush right.
    Please if anyone knows where to buy the stuff in SA, let us know.
    In the meantime, here is my prototype setup:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why no South African posts?-strip_brush-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys
    My machine and some of the stuff IWhy no South African posts?-1325b-jpgWhy no South African posts?-afrikaa-jpgWhy no South African posts?-blessed-angel-2-jpgWhy no South African posts?-horsy-jpgWhy no South African posts?-rithaa-jpg made

Downloads
    Uploads

I hardly ever log onto the SA clubhouse as no one has ever responded to posts.
    It's good to see that there are more local members.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a Chinese router and laser cutter and I am happy with the performance. I know Greg from Cnc direct as I bought the material for my plasma cutter from him. I imported some stepper motors just recently for a desk top mill that I am building.

I would like to spend more time in the workshop but I am working in West Africa and my workshop time is very limited

Donovan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a newbie living in Stellenbosch and have been trolling through the various CNC forums. This thread was of interest to me as I have just ordered components from HobbyCNC to build a machine, but the last post was exactly 2 years ago ... did everyone suddenly drop off the planet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by a7abw View Post
    I'm a newbie living in Stellenbosch and have been trolling through the various CNC forums. This thread was of interest to me as I have just ordered components from HobbyCNC to build a machine, but the last post was exactly 2 years ago ... did everyone suddenly drop off the planet?
    Hi there

I am also planning to built one (jgro type), i think i will be able to build one but i have to do a lot more research!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ja I think the fact that everyone is fighting to survive may be a part of it. Not much time to play.
    I started my router recently to blow the dust off the motherboard.......
    I am looking at doing a new project, and have been trying to get my head around the arduino based systems.
    It just seems inappropriate for cnc control at this point. Next port of call is LinuxCNC, so I will try to keep my experience a bit more updated.
    We did do a kick-ass 3d printer in the meantime though. Who knew how slow they are? So hard to see a little squirt of plastic dribbling out, when you are used to cutting MDF at 2000mm/min, and rapid-ing at 10000mm/min....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456