Trying to flatten a simple sheet metal pipe with chamfers but SW won't let me!

Thread: Trying to flatten a simple sheet metal pipe with chamfers but SW won't let me!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to flatten a simple sheet metal pipe with chamfers but SW won't let me!

I have a simple sheet metal pipe that has a few chamfers on it and I'm trying to flatten it but keep getting the error "This part contains features that cannot be unbent."

I've spent 2 hours on this so far and for the life of me, can't get it to work. I've attached the Solidworks 2014 file to this email and would really appreciate if someone could take a look and help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trying to flatten a simple sheet metal pipe with chamfers but SW won't let me!

Suppress your chamfer then flat pattern. I'm using 2017 and it worked for me. Then add your chamfers on the flat pattern configuration and make another configuration for the finished rolled pipe.

Last edited by warrenb; 10-12-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trying to flatten a simple sheet metal pipe with chamfers but SW won't let me!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Suppress your then flat pattern. I'm using 2017 and it worked for me. Then add your chamfers on the flat pattern configuration and make another configuration for the finished rolled pipe.
    You opened the file and flattened it as it is and it worked?

Downloads
    Uploads

I use a different CAD program, but I often just re-draw the component. Use the edges of the existing part to position the new part. Should take less than 2 hours.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

No. Remove the chamfers in your flat pattern configuration. Then it flattens fine