How to connect two faces

Thread: How to connect two faces

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to connect two faces

Hello,

I made a part file and created two solidbodies completely separate from one another (I know it's not a good way to make my part). But now it raised a good learning curve for me how do I move both parts together and have them connect together using the faces of each part. It would be similar to mating the two but they are in the same drawing file.

Thanks,

Dale

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to connect two faces

Create two separate part files from the single multibody part file by selecting each in the design tree | save body.

Create an assembly | insert each part file | mate the faces and anything else you wish.

Use the join command to join the assembly into a single part file.

Or...model again...correctly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dkrenfrow View Post
    Hello,

I made a part file and created two solidbodies completely separate from one another (I know it's not a good way to make my part). But now it raised a good learning curve for me how do I move both parts together and have them connect together using the faces of each part. It would be similar to mating the two but they are in the same drawing file.

Thanks,

Dale
    There are a couple of ways, create 2 cofigurations of the part. One configuration for each body, either suppress or hide the other body in each. Create a assembly with the 2 of the parts(one for each config.). Add your mates as needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to connect two faces

It's more conventional to do this sort of thing in an assembly, but doing it in a single part file is perfectly valid as well. Most likely what you want to do is to move one body into place so that it matches up with the other. The move body command should let you do that, and you can even use simple mate constraints (but only the simple ones) just like in an assembly.

C|