Problem section view

Thread: section view

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default section view

Hi again guys.

Years ago I did a section view in solidworks that was bent but can't remember how. The project is basically a tube with some reliefs inside. To explain, think of the hands of a clock at 12 and 9. Those are the cut lines along the length of the hole removing 1/4th of the tube. I could do a full section view and split it down the middle but that would require another full view.

How would I go about cutting on the clock hands?

Thanks again for your replies.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: section view

See "section view property manager" in the help menu. Should get what you want.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: section view

To create a normal section view place the view you wish to section on your drawing, using the sketch line tool draw line or series of lines to denote the section you want to create. Highlight the lines you drew and under Insert--> Drawing Views select section. This will create your section view.

What I think your talking about is a broken section on a view. You can do it on a 3D view or a flat 2D view. After placing the view you want to section, select Insert--> Drawing --> Broken-out Section and creat a spline in the area you wish to remove. Then adjust the depth to get the desired look. This is tough to control, I actually prefer to create a cut/cuts in my models and create a configuration where they are suppressed (default) and one where they are not suppressed. You do your normal views with the default version and the 3d with the cuts shown allowing you to see inside your parts.