save assembly group properly ???

Thread: save assembly group properly ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone
    I have a fundamental question: For example I create a screw that might need to be changed..
    “Save under” in folder A. I already saved an existing screw nut in folder B. Then I create an assembly of the screw and then screw nut and save them under “Assembly” in folder C. Now in folder C I create an assembly, a file of the screw and the screw nut.

Now I change the original screw in folder A but the amendment is not carried out in the assembly. However if I change the screw in the NEW created file in folder C, then the change is transferred to the assembly.

And now the following happens: When I first open the screw in folder A and change it and then open the assembly in folder C, then the change is carried out in the assembly as well.

Close everything and reopen assembly file, then the screw from the NEWLY created screw from folder C is displayed in the assembly??? What going wrong or how to I handle this situation?

I urgently need a solution because otherwise a bigger assembly doesn’t make sense without taking the amendment from the original into account.

Many thanks for your answers =)

Regards
    Spindler

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning
    Do you really save your changes?

In the assembly group, the machine should ask you if you want to update the group.
    Does this message come up on your machine?

Regards