here's an interesting one. sheet metal part

Thread: here's an interesting one. sheet metal part

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default here's an interesting one. sheet metal part

so i have a sheet metal part that is 1/4" thick and has a jog bend in it. the jog gets a 3/16 weld fillet before bending and because the cut in solid works goes through a compund angle the fillet is causing the non-planer face of the jog to not be in line with the planer faces after bending.
    my instinct is to add the chamfer in solid works and let it do the math when i output the flat plan, but i can't add the chamfer till after the cut because there is no edge to chamfer before that. after the cut, of course the material i want is already cut away. lather, rinse,repeat.

for the moment i've gotten down and dirty with the thing and measured the difference between the top and bottom edge and manually altered the cut line to reflect the position i want after the fillet is added. still waiting for water jet to see if it's workable, but even if it is it's a pretty dirty solution as it gives really bad results for the bend radii. one now has a point, and that's just not right.

i can run a chamfer along the edge and see the problem but i just can't figure out how to fix this. i'm sure there is a way, some tool or something that i just don't know about...

boss man didn't spring for maintinance so here i am.

i'm sure that written explanation makes about as much sense as baby babbeling so i've got pictures and even the model for looking at. any thoughts would be welcome

thanks
    Rob