Tutorials for SolidEdge2D

Thread: Tutorials for SolidEdge2D

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tutorials for SolidEdge2D

Seems Seimens in all there wisdom give out SolidEdge 2D free, no doubt to entice users to someday buy the 3D part, but they don't seem to help users learn it. I've even just checked the 2D part of the SolidEdge forum and it only has one page.

Likewise there's not a great deal of activity here on SolidEdge. There was even a post where someone said they contacted Seimens to ask for a user manual and was told there isn't one.

Are there any in depth tutorials (not just a 5 or 10 minute video that scratches the surface) out there to learn this software. All I seem to find is some PDF files here and there, most of which are the 3D SolidEdge, plus a few short Youtube videos.

I think this software will be great and easy to use ONCE you get to know it well.

For those who are going to suggest just "playing" with it, that is a slow and inefficient way to learn something. I've learnt various softwares with and without instructions and all I can say is instructions rock and get you going lightyears ahead of just "playing".

When I got Alibre Design (now Geomagic), it came with a very comprehensive PDF file. I also got their video course. Alibre seemed to realise that helping customers to learn the software is just as important. They moved ahead in leaps and bounds and got bought by Geomagic. Do Seimens do anything to help their users learn their software.