Newbie InventorCAM G code problems

Thread: InventorCAM G code problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default InventorCAM G code problems

Hi

I´m quite new to the hole CAM world an have been trying to figure out on my own how to operate my ABB 6400 5-axis robot. I´m using InventorCAM to produce my milling operations and then I post the g-code to IRBCAM where I generate the code for the robot.

However, when I make a simultaneous 5-axis milling operation and post the G-code the code is blank, that is the text file has no coordinates. Does anybody know why that happens?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Hi

I´m quite new to the hole CAM world an have been trying to figure out on my own how to operate my ABB 6400 5-axis robot. I´m using InventorCAM to produce my milling operations and then I post the g-code to IRBCAM where I generate the code for the robot.

However, when I make a simultaneous 5-axis milling operation and post the G-code the code is blank, that is the text file has no coordinates. Does anybody know why that happens?
    What post processor (Machine) are you using? It's likely that your post dosesn't support 5 axis moves and therefore doesn't generate any code when the toolpath is processed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you mean by post processor/machine? I have a ABB 6400 robot and I produce my code for the robot in IRBCAM.

When I select a machine in InventorCAM my robot isn´t on the list. However, I have been able to generate code and open it in IRBCAM with simpler processes.

But I´ll look into the post processor selection and post back if I dont find any solution.

thanks for the reply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    What do you mean by post processor/machine? I have a ABB 6400 robot and I produce my code for the robot in IRBCAM.

When I select a machine in InventorCAM my robot isn´t on the list. However, I have been able to generate code and open it in IRBCAM with simpler processes.

But I´ll look into the post processor selection and post back if I dont find any solution.

thanks for the reply
    Exactly! Post what machine you're using on here and I might be able to help resolve your problem. Almost all of the machines you pick can do X and Y and Z moves, but most don't have anything written in the post processor to make code for 4/5 axis rotational moves. So you'll see line movements in 3D but the code will never generate anything on the A or B axis. You'll only get stuff with X, Y, Z coordinates. If you're still not understanding, you can send me your part by right-clicking on CAM-PART go to Send To... click folder and set it for end user then post it up here and I can attempt to write a post that will generate 5-Axis code for you. You also should specify if there is a specific format your 5-Axis code needs to be in. Then I can send the post, pre-post, and machine ID files back to you and allow you to generate all of your own code. (If you send a ticket into SolidCAM helpdesk they might have a generic 5-Axis post they'll give you as well)

Just trying to give you options. Good luck. I'd love to see what you're working on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your help KUWill

This is exactly what I thought was the problem, I cant select a machine type in the program that generates the 5 axis movements Im looking for. I´ve been trying these machine types:

Awea100-fanuc, Fanuc, Fanuc5a, table_table_exercise

What I need is a post processor that generates .apt files. I can save other G-code formats as .apt in IRBCAM but I think .apt would be preferrable.

I have contacted SolidCAM for help to provide me with a 5-axis post. I was told by the IRBCAM that some other users had had the same problems and that SolidCAM had provided them with the post. If however that dosn´t work out for me your help would be greatly appreciated.

What Im doing right now isn´t that exciting I would say since Im still just learning to use this thing. However, when up and running I guess I´ll have some diverse projects. Everything from plastic boat molds to small parts for theaters and everything in between...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I work for SolidCAM postprocessor.
    Please contact if you need it?
    greeting

solidcamx
    solidcamx@gmail.com