2 SolidCam Files open at the same time? .. also Process Templates and Rotation issue

Thread: 2 SolidCam Files open at the same time? .. also Process Templates and Rotation issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2 SolidCam Files open at the same time? .. also Process Templates and Rotation issue

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding some issues I've come across.

First question
    ; Is it possible to have two SolidCam parts open at the same time? I've been referencing some settings in parts that I previously made and it's a bit of a pain that I SolidCam closed the existing part in order to open a different one.

Second
    ; I've been saving process templates for operations which are the same across multiple parts with geometries that are the same but that may be in differing locations. The issue I'm having is that I'm using a Transformation in the process. It's on a CNC lathe, so the operation is carried out at 0, 90, 180, and 270. I've done this through Transformations>Rotate> Delta as a 4-axis transformation doesn't suit due to a reversed tool direction at 90 and 270.

The process loads fine with the 4 operations but with the rotation missing (the geometry too, but I expect that to a certain extent). It still works but I have to go through the whole transformation process from the start with the 90,180 and 270 operations. Is there a setting I'm missing or is the rotation bound to be lost when starting a new process?

Regards.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: 2 SolidCam Files open at the same time? .. also Process Templates and Rotation is

Yes it's possible to have two solidcam files open at same time . The trick is you just need to open another SOLIDWORKS window then open a solidcam cam inside that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2 SolidCam Files open at the same time? .. also Process Templates and Rotation is

When you first load a template there is no geometry associated with the toolpath, so there is nothing for SolidCAM to transform. If you wish to save all your parameters, ie: transforms, you can try using the "Save As/Change Model Reference" method. If you models are almost identical except for one small geometric difference then this is the best way to save all your work from the previous file. You can see how this works in this training video:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help, I just noticed your post.