Need Help! SolidCAM G-Code Time Calculation.

Thread: SolidCAM G-Code Time Calculation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SolidCAM G-Code Time Calculation.

Hi All

My question is simple. Is there any way to make SolidCAM perform time-lapse calculation? I just want to know how long a certain g-code program would take to execute from start to finish...

When I expand the "GCode"/"GCode All" sub-menu, there is this option "Generate with time" but it doesn't seem to do that.

This is all the info on that command in the SolidCAM Help:

"

• Generate with time

This command generates a temporary GCode file, which specifies the operation time in the job_time parameter. Calculating the GCode with the operation time is usually longer than calculating an ordinary GCode.
    "

I'm a novice so that doesn't make any sense to me.

Also I can't seem to find anything on google about SolidCAM showing the execution time for the given G-Code program it has generated.

There are entry level CAM programs that can do that, it would be weird if SolidCAM can't?!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SolidCAM G-Code Time Calculation.

In simulation there is icon named show stats and it displays info of time too. It's quite acurate. Except for toolchanges duration and some indefined rapids it calculates time quite good, and as far as i know any other calculator won't take this things into calculations.

Downloads
    Uploads

When I generate with time, it gives a time like (cycle time =3:23) as a comment at the start of the program for the whole program time, and at the start of each operation to give their times. I assume it needs to be set up in the post processor if it's not working for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you.

I should read the manuals before asking questions. (facepalm)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by c9k View Post
    When I generate with time, it gives a time like (cycle time =3:23) as a comment at the start of the program for the whole program time, and at the start of each operation to give their times. I assume it needs to be set up in the post processor if it's not working for you.
    I kind of something like that. I use LinuxCNC so it might not work for me but thanks anyway! That's useful information.