Need Help! Multiple tools in the same milling operation

Thread: Need Help! Multiple tools in the same milling operation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help! Multiple tools in the same milling operation

I want to use a 16mm cutter to remove most of the material in a pocket operation and then use a 5mm cutter to remove the material which is left in the corners. Is this possible with Solidcam?

When I try to do this with two consecutive pocket operations the operation for the 5mm does air milling and does not register that the previous operation already removed most of the material. Is there a way to fix that?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help! Multiple tools in the same milling operation

well I suppose if the program called up tool no 2 and you had that one listed in the tool register as a 5mm diam tool, the program would automatically adjust the X and y co-ordinates to do the next cut, but the program has to have the second op with the new smaller cutter diam.....and length.....otherwise you could dig a hole in your table too......you have to remember that the computer is blind and only moves the cutter according to the CAM dictates.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure I understand. I defined 2 pocket operations, one with 16mm cutter and the next with 5mm. Both work fine. When I view simulation the material not machined by the 16mm cutter is shown in red. I want to machine the red material or rest in the next operation. Is there a way to tell solidcam to do that?

For a pocket operation you have to select the coordinates. But this is not correct for the second operation because most of the material has been removed in the first operation already. So the second operation with the 5mm should start where the previous operation ended. Is there a way to do that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Make two operations, one with each tool. For the second operation, go to the "technology" page, and there is a drop down box to select it to be a "rest" material operation. Once you select that there's now a "rest" tab in the technology section, where you can select the previous tool diameter and a few other options.

Downloads
    Uploads

c9k is correct. What you are describing is a REST operation. Take a look at the training video linked below on how to use the REST operation in Pocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone:

I have SolidCAM 2016 installed but I have some doubts about how should be configured my SolidCAM tool-setup in order to standardize the use of repetitive tools in the machine tool-magazine when programs are developed for various different fixtures without change my tool-setup machine, my question is about how can I make that the software recognize this permanent tools like a permanent tools in my output program?
    I created a Tool Library with my usual numbering permanent tools defined (What is linked in SolidCAM settings Tool table Import from: C:\Users\Public\Documents\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2016\Ta bles\Inch\AUDISEL MAZAK TOOLS (30-MAY-17)) but the Solidcam generate the same tools with different tool number even when the permanent tool and the tool created by Solidcam is the same....
    Somebody know how fix this issue?

Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Pablo,

If you have assigned your tools as permanent when you created them you should also make sure that in your SolidCAM Settings that you set it to import with the permanent tool numbers rather than any other option. If you need help with this please feel free to contact us at technical support.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a simple way to make sure you get the part tool table set up correctly every time:

- Make a tool table with your permanent tools
    - Make a second tool table with your variable tools
    - When first making a part in soldicam, double click the tool table, then go to the tool import
    - Select your permanent tool table, then go import all at bottom
    - Select "import tools with tool numbering"

This should bring your permanent tool set into the part table, keeping them numbered how you want. Then you can go to your variable tool library and import the tools you'll use from there.