Need Help! Machine simulation and XML file

Thread: Machine simulation and XML file

Default Machine simulation and XML file

Wondering why I can't create an XML file for machine simulation from VMid editor . The option export to machine simulation won't open at all . Can some one help ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine simulation and XML file

Quote Originally Posted by imachining-6061 View Post
    Wondering why I can't create an XML file for machine simulation from VMid editor . The option export to machine simulation won't open at all . Can some one help ?
    Did you manage to create an XML file for machine simulation?

I guess I copied an xml file from another one and rename it to the file I wanted to . Then created all the parameters one by one in the machine simulation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by imachining-6061 View Post
    I guess I copied an xml file from another one and rename it to the file I wanted to . Then created all the parameters one by one in the machine simulation
    Where do I find this XML file, that I can modify?
    See, I bought this reconditioned Bridgeport 720 VMC with TNC355. I did not have any solidcam PP for this machine so paid this guy to make a 4 axis PP for solidcam. I got it but no simulation option, he says I need to pay more for simulation but I'm not sure. So been trying for a long time to sort this out on my own.
    Can you help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

imachining-6061; I finally got it!!! managed to locate pre-installed .xml files, were in the same folder where .gpp folder was, edited it and good to see it working as it should, so thanks a lot.
    However, after generating the conversational code (not G because my machine does not accept G code), the machine does not follow 4th-axis instruction. X,Y and Z working all right but not 4th, does not even move except when I jog manually.
    solidcamx is not replying me for some reason, as he created that PP for me. Desperate for help!

Shumail