Need Help! Simulation Control Panel not displayed

Thread: Simulation Control Panel not displayed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simulation Control Panel not displayed

I have a problem with solidcam simulation. Firstly simulation control panel ( ) worked well, but now when I click "Calculate & Save" and then "Simulate" Simulation control panel is not displayed and I cant do right click on anything in SolidCAM manager (tree with... cam-par, tool, geometries, operations)... also can not close (by clicking on X) opened solidcam part (only solidworks directly). I thing that is because of Simulation is still opened but I can't see it. When restart solidworks and open solidcam part then right click in Solidcam manager is available until I click on "Simulation" in any operation again. I tried to open another solidcam part but the same problem. I was using touchpad and maybe I disabled simulation control panel by mistake (bad click or move something).

Any help would be great.

I am using solidworks 2010 and solidcam 2008R12. Win XP SP3.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike256 View Post
    I have a problem with solidcam simulation. Firstly simulation control panel ( ) worked well, but now when I click "Calculate & Save" and then "Simulate" Simulation control panel is not displayed and I cant do right click on anything in SolidCAM manager (tree with... cam-par, tool, geometries, operations)... also can not close (by clicking on X) opened solidcam part (only solidworks directly). I thing that is because of Simulation is still opened but I can't see it. When restart solidworks and open solidcam part then right click in Solidcam manager is available until I click on "Simulation" in any operation again. I tried to open another solidcam part but the same problem. I was using touchpad and maybe I disabled simulation control panel by mistake (bad click or move something).

Any help would be great.

I am using solidworks 2010 and solidcam 2008R12. Win XP SP3.
    SolidCAM2008R12 does not support SW2010.You must use SC2009SP4 or highest version of SolidCAM for SW2010.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for answer.
    Simulation control panel was working well for several days (althought I was using Solidcam 2008) and now I can't see it. Now, I have installed SolidCAM 2010 but the same problem. I tried to reinstall solidworks but no success.
    Any idea?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Did you find any solution?
    It happened to me to... I deliberately closed the simulation panel with the "x" from top right, and after that it was happening what you say.
    I have tried hard to find some setting but I didn't find.
    I even reinstalled both SolidCAM and SolidWorks and ... nothing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mike256

We have had a lot of Solidcam problem go away when we got the correct SolidWorks video drivers off the SolidWorks web site. Try that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simulation Control Panel not displayed

Anyone found a solution to this? I've tried removing recent updates, different video drivers, reinstalling solidcam

Windows 7, Solidworks 2014 x64 SP1, Solidcam 2014 x64 SP2

Thanks
    Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I got it

1. Open the registry editor.
    2. The string your looking for is \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2014\ Simulation\Windows Positions\SimManager
    3. This is what your data should look like

Resolution = 0x03200500 (52430080)
    WndPlacementStruct = *3*1*-1*-1*-1*-1*218*145*457*497
    WndPlStruct_StrLenght = 0x00000033 (51)

Most likely the last 4 numbers in WndPlacementStruct entry will be in the thousands just change these back to something like I have shown.

****DISCLAIMER*****
    No responsibility if something goes wrong from this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfty View Post
    Ok I got it

1. Open the registry editor.
    2. The string your looking for is \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2014\ Simulation\Windows Positions\SimManager
    3. This is what your data should look like

Resolution = 0x03200500 (52430080)
    WndPlacementStruct = *3*1*-1*-1*-1*-1*218*145*457*497
    WndPlStruct_StrLenght = 0x00000033 (51)

Most likely the last 4 numbers in WndPlacementStruct entry will be in the thousands just change these back to something like I have shown.

****DISCLAIMER*****
    No responsibility if something goes wrong from this advice.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!