Problem ethernet smoothstepper losing connection.

Thread: ethernet smoothstepper losing connection.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ethernet smoothstepper losing connection.

hi there. i own an ethernet variant of the smoothstepper. it works awesome up to the point where it looses connection with the pc. i get the error "the smoothstepper has lost connection for an extended period of time". it usually happens after about 10 or so minutes of running the mill. i have only been using the mill in MDI mode so far. first i was getting the ran out of data error but fixed it by lowering the max step frequency to 64k. then it started losing connection (not sure if it would have always happened if it had not run out of data first). i tried lowering the controller frequency to the lowest setting but it still lost connection after about 10 minutes. i then have to exit mach3 then turn the mill off/on then restart mach3 to get it going again. it generally errors again shortly after doing it once. i dont think it is thermal because its about 35F out in the shop. i checked the smoothstepper and only a green led is lit after error.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ethernet smoothstepper losing connection.

i also tried increasing the time delay to 3.1 seconds(max allowed) before the ess triggers e stop from lost connection. just played with it some more and it lost connection right at the beginning of my session, then it worked for a while then did it again(luckily i was just finished machining a side.) i moved the wire (ethernet) around and was not able to get it to lose connection. it does it on its own for some reason. im using this power supply. RAC04-05SC/W Recom Power | 945-2210-ND | DigiKey running both the ess and a c10BOB.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you solved the problem, how...? I experience the same thing...? Also problem with controller frequency...

Downloads
    Uploads

If your using Windows go to device properties on the Nic and set Power Managment not to turn off device on power saving
    Just a thought it might work
    you could also try increasing the Transmit buffers and turn of Auto Speed Negotiation

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    After posting on this thread, I kept on working on problem. I cleaned and re-setting my old PC. I also erased all anti virus on PC. I did not use internet anymore on this PC. I re-installed mach3 and ESS. I followed instruction on cncrp to set pc. After all, I saved program on hardisk, not on flashdisk. I load program on mach3 and run it. I found no problem until program finish.

Now, There is no anti virus, I worried if I got virus on my PC. I made program on different PC and use flashdisk to transfer program. Then I will get the same problem again as before. I do not know what's the problems exactly. Do you all guys think that we need 6 to 8 GB memory as per ESS forum...?