Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zero.

Thread: Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zero.

Default Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zero.

Hello

Today whilst trying to get the smoothstepper up and running we managed to overcome the earlier issues, however have encountered two new ones.

First is the "Running out of Data" error, I have attached a screen cap that provides as much info as I know. The machine simply came to an abrupt halt, this error displayed, I clicked the error screen and then the machine went on its merry way. I stopped, re homed the machine and it hasn't happened again, but I'd like to know why so it never happens again, especially as I'd prefer it not to ruin any important pieces of work.

Second issue we're now encountering. From a re home (machine home) position, I have to click start twice for anything to happen. For example, if I enter in a manual tool change it should do it instantly, but I have to hit the start button. It's also the same if I try to run a program if the machine is in home position. If I move the machine out into any random xyz position, I don't need to double start, but from the re home position, it has this error. This is only happening since we added the smoothstepper.

Any ideas as to these?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zero.-img_9632small-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zer

Hello,
    I know this is old post. I experience the same thing, how did you solve the problem...?

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Hello,
    I know this is old post. I experience the same thing, how did you solve the problem...?
    To be honest it never got "solved", I just started eliminating the things that I discovered were making it error, for example if I hit pause on the remote at tool/program change times it'd crash, so I wait until just after or before, little things like that.

I also changed all the Mach settings to how smoothstepper support suggested when they replied, it's so long ago I cannot remember what they were, but it was basic stuff.

Is hit up the smooth stepper support email. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Smoothstepper "Ran out of Data" error- also - having to double hit start from zer

A common cause for this sort of problem is having the machine connected to the Internet, or even to an internal network.
    Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    After posting on this thread, I kept on working on problem. I cleaned and re-setting my old PC. I also erased all anti virus on PC. I did not use internet anymore on this PC. I re-installed mach3 and ESS. After all, I saved program on hardisk, not on flashdisk. I load program on mach3 and run it. I found no problem until program finish.

Now, There is no anti virus, I worried if I got virus on my PC. I made program on different PC and use flashdisk to transfer program. Then I will get the same problem again as before.

Downloads
    Uploads

Set the controller and axis frequencies to their lowest speed. The problem should stop. Then raise it till the problem reappears., and back off. Also check lookahead in general config.