Newbie Smithy MX 200 or Tormach 1100 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smithy MX 200 or Tormach 1100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Smithy MX 200 or Tormach 1100

Quote Originally Posted by kadesmithy View Post
    ... its just not as rigid as the MX200...
    Are you planning to offer an ATC for the MX200?

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not at this current time. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I looked at both and went for the Tormach for a lot of reasons already mentioned, but also, it is in my garage and I didn't want to fuss with 3 phase and the MX-200 looked to be too tall. The Tormach was also cheaper (in my configuration) and easier to setup. But if I was needing more power (and putting this in a 3 phase shop) then I would have given more consideration to the MX-200. And the BT-30 holder, as I have quickly learned. But I would have to see more history. I don't know how many mills in this price range I have looked at over the years that didn't stay in production very long.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syscore View Post
    I looked at both and went for the Tormach for a lot of reasons already mentioned, but also, it is in my garage and I didn't want to fuss with 3 phase and the MX-200 looked to be too tall. The Tormach was also cheaper (in my configuration) and easier to setup. But if I was needing more power (and putting this in a 3 phase shop) then I would have given more consideration to the MX-200. And the BT-30 holder, as I have quickly learned. But I would have to see more history. I don't know how many mills in this price range I have looked at over the years that didn't stay in production very long.
    I will be putting one into my garage possibly the 425 but I plan to get the 3 phase with the converter which would open up more machines at auctions instead of saying I wish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12