GX-1413 has arrived! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GX-1413 has arrived!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GX-1413 has arrived!

How to get rid of the birds nest is to make sure you have your feeds and speeds set for the right insert. Good inserts will have a chip breaking geometery to them.

As far as my machine, I have went through and checked all grounds and cleaned them multiple times. Great ground to the machine also. And last night I started getting turret problems again, checked it again just now and the turret miss indexed. That is how the other turret started going bad and eventually became unusable. All of my other 3 CNCs work great, this thing is such a pile of crap though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the heat treated 17-4 and it machines a lot nicer than annealed. Part finish came out very nice too. Here's an M3 thread on a knife pivot screw.

Also found that a sandisk connect ($23 amazon) is a great USB stick that connects to wifi so you can wirelessly dump a program to the stick from another computer. Almost like Dropbox. It sure beats running around swapping various USB sticks

Downloads
    Uploads

Sin_Arms, Perhaps you need to file a claim against the Company that sold you that machine under the USA LEMON LAW.

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Sin_Arms, Perhaps you need to file a claim against the Company that sold you that machine under the USA LEMON LAW.

(;-) TP
    I'm thinking it will come down to that

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sin_arms View Post
    How to get rid of the birds nest is to make sure you have your feeds and speeds set for the right insert. Good inserts will have a chip breaking geometery to them.

As far as my machine, I have went through and checked all grounds and cleaned them multiple times. Great ground to the machine also. And last night I started getting turret problems again, checked it again just now and the turret miss indexed. That is how the other turret started going bad and eventually became unusable. All of my other 3 CNCs work great, this thing is such a pile of crap though.
    Sin, I wish this could have helped. I figured you had checkd some or all of this.... I just thought it would be worth a shot.

You are correct in the feeds / speeds statement. All of my inserts have chip breaker grooves in them. I am probably the cause of my own Turkey Nests as I program very conservative feeds and speeds to maximize the finish I want on my parts.

Good luck with your machine... I wish we could all put our heads together here and make it work for you. Thats just sad in every way. Dan.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice Brian,
    You're on the way!!! ... or THERE Already! Nice work sir. Dan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12