Need Help! New with TRAORI function

Thread: New with TRAORI function

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New with TRAORI function

Hello everyone!

I'm getting introduced in the 5Axis-machining world. A few months ago, I started using a CAM software (Autodesk Powermill) and until now I have tried some 5-axis movements by using the Inverse Time Mode (G93) to control the feed rate. However, I've been reading that in order to control this 5-axis movements, RTCP modes are a big help since they take care of almost everything. Right now, I'm thinkg on buying the proper license to use this modes. However, before doing it I'd like to know if someone can confirm that I have understood correctly the way you should work with this TRAORI function.
    1. First. the machine setup (pivot point) is introduced in the machine data settings.
    1. Second, you create your toolpaths with the CAM software.
    2. Then, you post-process this toolpaths in order to get the NC code with the coordinates relatives to the workpiece coordinate system and the tool orientations at each block. The feed rate is also written in the code as it is done in 3 axis milling (for instance, F=200 (mm/min)).
    3. Finally, the NC will calculate the required inverse kinematics in order to keep a cutting speed (relative velocity between piece surface and tool) equal to the value specified by the user.

I'd be really thankful if someone can tell me if that workflow is right or I'm missing or missunderstanding something.

Best regards!