Hi all,

I've just joined your forums and am just as new to GCode/Post-Processors soplease be gentle if I am asking stupid questions!

We have an XYZ710 VMC with a Sinumerik 810D Controller on it. I am sendingprograms to it from SolidCam via quite an old Post Processor and I’vealready had to modify this post-processor (with zero experience) to overcomesome of its shortcomings.

One problem I seem to have is with the Trans and G54commands. In SolidCam I can program an operation and then translate it toanother place without a problem, when I output this I see code that begins:

Code:
TRANS X10 Y10

…Operations

TRANS

G54
Which I believe means that the datum point of the machineis temporarily shifted by 10mm in the X and Y directions on the piece, theoperations are carried out at this new datum and then the shift is removed sothat the datum point returns to it’s original position.
My problem is that I keep getting a situation that when Ichange tools to perform another operation on the machine the work offset seems tohave shifted so that everything within the TRANS statement works fine but onlythe tool used to perform this operation seems be set up correctly against thework piece. Fortunately this seems to work in the safe direction in that thefollowing tool is working in thin air above the work piece instead of trying toplunge through it. My problem is that I cannot identify anywhere that thefigure is being changed, all I am doing is shifting in the X and Yco-ordinates, the Z never changes…Does anyone have some experience of either these machinesor controllers who can assist with this? I’m more than happy to share anyinformation required to diagnose the fault as it is perplexing!
Many Thanks,

Dan