Possible to use incremental ?

Thread: Possible to use incremental ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Possible to use incremental ?

Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple code for a Renishaw MP700 probe, running on a Siemens810D/840D controller.
    I've got the program structured figured out, however, I don't know if I can set R24 R25 and R26 coordinates in incremental mode ?

My goal is to manually position the probe above the edge of a part, and then run the program,
    probe the sides and top of my part, and store in in the G55 values.

Thanks for any info concerning the feasability of this program with the incremental values

- Igor

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible to use incremental ?

Quote Originally Posted by PROG_ View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple code for a Renishaw MP700 probe, running on a Siemens810D/840D controller.
    I've got the program structured figured out, however, I don't know if I can set R24 R25 and R26 coordinates in incremental mode ?

My goal is to manually position the probe above the edge of a part, and then run the program,
    probe the sides and top of my part, and store in in the G55 values.

Thanks for any info concerning the feasability of this program with the incremental values

- Igor
    Chapter 6.1 in PGA-Advanced gives a list of machine position variables you can read. the 1st 3 take into account your FINE setting in the active fixture offset and I have found that they affect subsequent reading of the probe data.
    why not use $P_UIFR[n,axis letter,TR] to get the value in the coarse active fixture offset