Need Help! Draw bar for Supermax YCM16VS

Thread: Draw bar for Supermax YCM16VS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Draw bar for Supermax YCM16VS

Hi everyone,

I think I'm placing this in the right category. The shop where I work has a Supermax YCM16VS, NMTB30 taper. It had been put aside and not used for quite a few years. There is no manual for it and I'm trying to get it running again. The machinist that used to run it doesn't work here anymore so I can't ask him any questions. I located all of the tooling, but the draw bar is missing. Does anyone know a part number or somewhere I could buy a correct replacement online. I see a few advertised but don't know any real specifics or dimensions of what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help, I would really appreciate any input.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I have the same machine. Poured out of Meehanite grey iron, good Taiwan mill. Many of the parts are exactly like a bridgeport clone even though it is a square head, but many are NOT the same. I have a copy of the original manual but it is really badly written.
    Here are the non-R8 part numbers and descriptions exactly as written.
    1/2-12W (standard), p/n FA-213C;
    1/2-13UNC (option), FA-213E;
    M12-1.75P, FA-213D.
    The company is now called YCI industries and is on the net.
    I don't know if the bars and spindles are the same as bridgeport, but it is a good gamble.
    Regards,
    Max

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LMONTY,

Be sure to check the draw bar threads in the NMTB30 tool holders. Some of the older NMTB 30 tooling used 1/2-12 threads, which is a British Whitworth standard, but some of those were sold in the US years ago. Most of the newer ones are the standard 1/2-13.

mtechserv