Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences? - Page 27

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

anyone knows how to hook up the huanyang VFD to mach3?

Here is the setup that I used with my 2.2Kw spindles and HY02D223B VFD. It should also be similar for the 1.5kw air cooled with a few exceptions in the VFD setup.

First, disclaimers, this works for me, but setups vary so you are responsible for making sure it works for you, secondly I am not an electronics engineer or electrician and we are dealing with high voltages here so treat appropriately and double check everything.

Finally this is for setup in the USA with US voltage, it may be different in other countries

So as I mentioned I am using the 2.2kw water cooled spindle with the HY02D223B VFD, CNC4PC C11 BOB and of course Mach 3.

First the physical connections;

1. Power into the VFD. I am using 220v 1 phase with 2 hot lines and 1 ground.
    Connect the ground to the terminal on the VFD marked with the ground symbol on the bottom left. Connect the two hot leads to the terminals labeled R and S (does not matter which goes to which and I believe you could also use the T terminal but I have not).

2. Power from the VFD to the spindle. You need a 3 core cable to connect the terminals in the VFD labelled U, V, W to any of the 3 pins on the spindle connector, again it does not matter which one goes to which pin.

3. To control the speed of the spindle from Mach3 you need a BOB (like the C11) with a variable speed control that converts a step signal to 0-10vdc. You need to follow your BOB board instructions to calibrate this, but basically you need the output from the BOB to equal 10v when you select maximum RPM in Mach 3 for the spindle.

Connect a cable to the ground and the 0-10v terminal on the BOB, then connect the 0-10v to the terminal in the VFD labelled VI and the ground to the terminal on the same row labelled ACM (there is a second one on the up row of terminals).

4. To control the power on and off of the spindle from Mach 3 you need a BOB (like the C11 from www.cnc4pc.com) with relays. Again follow your BOB's instructions for setting them up.

Connect a wire from the relay (I connected to the normally open side) and from the V.in on the relay to the terminal on the VFD labelled DCM and a wire from the NO terminal on the relay to the terminal on the VFD labelled FOR.

Okay that is it for the physical connections, now onto the program items on the VFD you have to change.
    PD001=1 (this means you won't be able to run the spindle from the VFD as you have now given control to an external terminal - Mach 3)
    PD002=1 (this means you won't be able to change the spindle speed from the VFD as you have now given control to an external terminal - Mach 3)
    In this order
    PD005 = 400
    PD004=400
    PD003=100 (this is particularly important for the air cooled 1.5kw spindle to prevent you burning it out as the cooling fan does not come on below this frequency)

PD008=220 (this should already be set but just check it)
    PD044=1 (this set the FOR terminal to be run rather than put the spindle into CW direction)
    PD072=400
    PD141=220
    PD142=8
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000

That is it, you now just need to make sure you have set Mach 3 up correctly as per your BOB.

Again, this works for me, but I make no guarantees for any one else setup.

Hope this helps

David

http://www.spindlemounts.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I've been looking for THANK YOU A ZILLION DAVID!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach Huanyang plugin

Matty Zee has just posted his plugin for Mach so you can now control your Huanyang VFD without the need for an analog output.

Check it out:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...c,14182.0.html

Cheers

Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have an HY02D223B 1500wVFD and water cooled 1.5KW spindle

I have in 220v single phase, when i connect it it marks the version of VFD et, when i press run this only makes a zooooooommmm but it doesnt spins. The sound is like were spinning but it doesnt, and after that it goes to fault.

I triple chjecked all PD000 (program) and all is ok

PD004 is on 400
    PD005 400
    PD006 400
    PD007 220

But strange is when i turn by hand "helping" the spindle to turn by hand it spins, this happens mainly in Forward less in reverse but it happens, sometimes it spins with put help of spining it by hand at startup.

I need a little help with this becouse if i leave it with out spin, goes hot too fast, luckily the water colds down a little but water comes hot too...

One thing is when i check ampers on the screen with the A, when it doesnt spin it goes to max over 7 amps, but when spins with out load keeps on 2.5 and runs cold.

I moved the PD0014 from 10s (default setting) to 1.5 s and this made higher chances to spin the spindle just pressing GO (start) but chances is not even 50/50

Im wiring RST RS from hot line and T to earth

Anyone has had same trouble?

Downloads
    Uploads

You shouldn't be earthing the T connection.

I'm not sure that would cause the problems you're having though - I'd also check the resistance of each winding on the motor. Disconnect the drive and check the resistance of the three motor terminals - Every combination should read approximately the same resistance.

Downloads
    Uploads

I assume you're applying 220V single phase power, comprised of (2) hot 110VAC lines, and not something else.

The way that I wired mine was R, S each got a (different) 110V hot input. Nothing was connected to T. Ground should go to pin 9 with the Chinese symbol for earth, I believe.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...00&postcount=7

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks stevepo and yngndrw, already changed wiring, and sill got the problem, then i checked the resistance between U V and W as yngndrw told me, and discovered that in the 4 connectors on the Spindle, the marked ones in the datasheet were inverted.

U, V were correct, but the other 2 as marked in datasheet were inverted, there is 1 with out any connection, well i was sending to that connection W, and after checking discovered was the other.

So check the connections on the connector spindle dont belive the manual, as it can change.

Now the spindle runs better doesnt come hot, and spins forward and rev as i wisch and not as it wishes. Is quiet as a clear zooooooooooom and is very stable. Great spindle

Thans for help!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Good work. Glad you got it working and you are happy with the spindle.

Some people have reported that the 4th pin is unconnected, and I believe other people have found it connected to the chassis (so a possible place to ground).

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATER-COOLE-MOTO...t_12082wt_1165

http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCSpindleandController.html

Is the spindle and inverter the same brand as kelinginc sells for twice as much?!

I want the 3hp watercooled one, they look to be identical... Except the ebay one is 1/2 as much factory sealed new in box!

Downloads
    Uploads

Also is there a possibility of hooking up a automatic tool changer with this? Some type of DIY way? lol?

Downloads
    Uploads

No tool changer, unless you buy one of these. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91751

I don't think anyone really knows who manufacture's the chinese spindles. So they may or may not be the same.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    No tool changer, unless you buy one of these. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91751

I don't think anyone really knows who manufacture's the chinese spindles. So they may or may not be the same.
    Its real shame even after buying a spindle from them ..( who ever) you dont know who makes it ( im guess there not proud enought to stamp there name on body of the spindle or name plate with motor info) and cant buy parts direct ... when the one year warrenty period is over ... you know they got you by the " bell 's "... there reply is...No parts availble please buy a new model asap!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    Its real shame even after buying a spindle from them ..( who ever) you dont know who makes it ( im guess there not proud enought to stamp there name on body of the spindle or name plate with motor info) and cant buy parts direct ... when the one year warrenty period is over ... you know they got you by the " bell 's "... there reply is...No parts availble please buy a new model asap!
    assuming it doesn't electrically die, one could swap awesome bearings into it and walla there so cheap does it really matter? If you use it daily for a year that pays for itself right there!

Downloads
    Uploads

If you don't like it, pay 4 times more for a HSD or Colombo. It's really simple. You get what you pay for. If you want more than you get for $500, then you have to pay for it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    assuming it doesn't electrically die, one could swap awesome bearings into it and walla there so cheap does it really matter? If you use it daily for a year that pays for itself right there!
    have you see some of junk shiped to customer.. pictures right out of the box?
    rusty used..... banged up.

Bearings are the cheapest thing to replace ...what happens when a the insulation on the wire ennamel breaks down.... you got a short... or the plastic componts or gaskets and electrical contactors break down... you
    will never find a replacement... locally. and part numbers goood luck?

I have repair and serviced a lot of motors... if its not industrial grade .. you be replace more than just the bearings.

Have you try to.. remove a pressed fitted plastic mounting/ support coller from a motor..... the heat generated from the spindle over time.... will make the plastic compents brittle you will never remove the bearing with out special tools ... in most cases... unless your very very very very patient...

I had my share of rebuild and "rewinding custom motors".....trust me it not easy thing to do ..

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

If you don't like it, pay 4 times more for a HSD or Colombo. It's really simple. You get what you pay for. If you want more than you get for $500, then you have to pay for it.
    I was going to buy a HSD or colombo but my budget cant squeeze in a 2000-4000 dollar spindle, but it sure and heck can afford a $500 dollar chinese one! If it lasts a year i will be pleased haha.. Seems like for the price its the way to go if your on a budget and want access to a spindle. I love quality but currently i cant pay for it, and i gotta get the most bang for the buck if you know what i mean

Downloads
    Uploads

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..buy used HSD or Colombo. It's really simple!!!!!!!!

or buy direct from factory....

Downloads
    Uploads

have you see some of junk shiped to customer.. pictures right out of the box?
    rusty used..... banged up.

Bearings are the cheapest thing to replace ...what happens when a the insulation on the wire ennamel breaks down.... you got a short... or the plastic componts or gaskets and electrical contactors break down... you
    will never find a replacement... locally. and part numbers goood luck?

I have repair and serviced a lot of motors... if its not industrial grade .. you be replace more than just the bearings.

Have you try to.. remove a pressed fitted plastic mounting/ support coller from a motor..... the heat generated from the spindle over time.... will make the plastic compents brittle you will never remove the bearing with out special tools ... in most cases... unless your very very very very patient...

I had my share of rebuild and "rewinding custom motors".....trust me it not easy thing to do ..

Well for $500-$1000 dollar range what alternative do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/WATER-COOLE-MOTO...t_12082wt_1165

Is the spindle and inverter the same brand as kelinginc sells for twice as much?!

I want the 3hp watercooled one, they look to be identical... Except the ebay one is 1/2 as much factory sealed new in box!

We sell different spindle. It is from different manufacture
    1: We has NSK bearing
    2: We have USA warranty and support
    3: If you buy from China, it may hard to replace

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast