XYZ Probe modification - Page 16

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: XYZ Probe modification

Downloads
    Uploads

Default where did I get this?

I have downloaded, copied, changed my install so much I forgot where I got the script attached to the button in this Mach3 screen shot. Also I can't find where I downloaded the change to the default 1024.set that is shown.
    Here is the code...
    Code:
    Rem Auto Tool Zero Z- 

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate to return to later
    CurrentAbsInc = GetOemLED(48) 'Get the current G90/G91 state
    CurrentGmode = GetOemDRO(819) 'Get the current G0/G1 state
    PlateThickness = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Z-plate thickness DRO

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then 			'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    	DoOEMButton (1010) 				'zero the Z axis so the probe move will start from here
    	Code "G4 P2" 					' this delay gives me time to get from computer to hold probe in place
    	Code "G90 G31Z-2.0 F4" 				'probing move, can set the feed rate here as well as how far to move
    	While IsMoving() 				'wait while it happens
    	Wend
    	ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 			'get the axact point the probe was hit
    	Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 				'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
    	While IsMoving ()
    	Wend
    	Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness) 		'set the Z axis DRO to whatever is set as plate thickness
    	Code "G4 P0.25" 				'Pause for Dro to update.
    	Code "G1 Z1.0 F20" 				'put the Z retract height you want here
    	While IsMoving ()
    	Wend
    	Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 			'puts this message in the status bar
    	Code "F" &CurrentFeed 				'Returns to prior feed rate
    Else
    	Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    End If
    If CurrentAbsInc = 0 Then 			'if G91 was in effect before then return to it
    	Code "G91"
    End If
    If CurrentGMode = 0 Then 			'if G0 was in effect before then return to it
    	Code "G0"
    End If
    Exit Sub
    This is not the same code that Machblue has but probably does pretty much the same, should I be using this or the machblue version?
    Here is my different 1024.set

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XYZ Probe modification-mach3-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

think the screen is hoss2006's version

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help in installing Hoss's ToolChanger screens

I installed the following:
    Hossmachine Mach3 Toolchange Screenset.zip
    -- I copied MillBitmaps\* to mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps\* folder
    -- Put hoss1024toolchange112408.set in mach3\ folder
    HossProbeCodesUpdate.zip
    -- These are *.txt files, likes like some script. *** Where do I put these files?

I can see the Toolchanger screeen with the Automatic Tool Probing gui dialog. But, when I use one of the buttons, I get a "Scripter Compiler Error in:" error.

Also, I have the IMService probe. Will this work with the Hoss tool probe mach3 code?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

George,

What type of tool changer do you have?

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by georgebarr View Post
    I installed the following:
    Hossmachine Mach3 Toolchange Screenset.zip
    -- I copied MillBitmaps\* to mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps\* folder
    -- Put hoss1024toolchange112408.set in mach3\ folder
    HossProbeCodesUpdate.zip
    -- These are *.txt files, likes like some script. *** Where do I put these files?

I can see the Toolchanger screeen with the Automatic Tool Probing gui dialog. But, when I use one of the buttons, I get a "Scripter Compiler Error in:" error.

Also, I have the IMService probe. Will this work with the Hoss tool probe mach3 code?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    http://www.hossmachine.info/forum/ya...ool-Probe.aspx

you should get the latest files from this site. If there are any issues, drop Hoss a note. He is very helpful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im having an issue with this its working but depending on where zero was on last ttool after amking contact the tool goes down instead of up. any help would be appreciated

Ray

Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boxwood View Post
    Im having an issue with this its working but depending on where zero was on last ttool after amking contact the tool goes down instead of up. any help would be appreciated

Ray
    think you have to describe in a bit more detail. Cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK if I set the tool using the plate close to the table ie short tool. and then change tools to a longer tool 2 inches or so higher. when I touch of again it again the tool goes down after it makes contact with the plate

Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Intermittant issue

Im having a problem, Ive made my touch probes and connected everything correctly i believe. The touch probe LED lights when tool contacts plate.

But when I click the Z zero or Center buttons on the screen the machine moves but doesnt touch the plate, it comes close and thinks its touched it but hasnt really.

It does this on the XY center aswell, tool starts to move in the correct direction but stops before touching the edge (sometimes it goes father than other times) thinks its touched the edge, moves to the other edge but stops again well before touching the edge.

This happens about 90% of the time, only sometimes will it actually touch the plate and be set correctly.

Can someone help me figure out what the problem is? Maybe noise? I dont see the Probe LED light unless its actually touching the the plate.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try reversing the probe +ve and -ve wire and try again, i had similar problem and that solved mine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hoss Automatic Tool Probe Mods

Hoss himself says to post a message on this thread. It is an issue/bug I found on the Hoss Automatic Tool Probe for mach3. When selecting Machine Coord (enable this option) in mach3 and using the Hoss Find Center of hole button, the code is pulling the x/y/z coord from the Machine Coord with unexpected and undesirable result. In fact, I broke my probe stylus tip and have to spend about $45 to replace it. You can help others avoid this same issue.

Please post a fix when someone is able to reproduce and fix the issue/bug.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by georgebarr View Post
    Hoss himself says to post a message on this thread. It is an issue/bug I found on the Hoss Automatic Tool Probe for mach3. When selecting Machine Coord (enable this option) in mach3 and using the Hoss Find Center of hole button, the code is pulling the x/y/z coord from the Machine Coord with unexpected and undesirable result. In fact, I broke my probe stylus tip and have to spend about $45 to replace it. You can help others avoid this same issue.

Please post a fix when someone is able to reproduce and fix the issue/bug.

Thanks,
    Ever see a grown man cry? I would if it was my Renishaw.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All;

I have mach3 and I am using Erniebro's "Modified blue screen" with the Zeroing probe. This set up works great.
    I have now obtained a "ShuttlePro2, I am trying to install it to work with my setup. Using the "Plugin Config" screen, I can make it select the commands in the drop down windows with no problem, but can't see where to control the "Z" and X- Y- commands that are on the screen.
    I do not see a choice from the drop downs (OEM), that are part of the mach3 Shuttle set up screens in the config menu.
    Can anyone help me with the correct info, so that I can use the shuttlepro, for this operation....using some of the 15 available buttons.

I am unable to get the shuttlepro2 to select the zero z or the x- or y- functions. Is there just a number I install in the plugin config setup screen in mach3?

Cheers.....fatham

Last edited by fatham; 10-15-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: clarification

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fatham View Post
    Hello All;

I have mach3 and I am using Erniebro's "Modified blue screen" with the Zeroing probe. This set up works great.
    I have now obtained a "ShuttlePro2, I am trying to install it to work with my setup. Using the "Plugin Config" screen, I can make it select the commands in the drop down windows with no problem, but can't see where to control the "Z" and X- Y- commands that are on the screen.
    I do not see a choice from the drop downs (OEM), that are part of the mach3 Shuttle set up screens in the config menu.
    Can anyone help me with the correct info, so that I can use the shuttlepro, for this operation....using some of the 15 available buttons.

I am unable to get the shuttlepro2 to select the zero z or the x- or y- functions. Is there just a number I install in the plugin config setup screen in mach3?

Cheers.....fatham

UPDATE:

Thanks I found Answer.......cheers fatham

Downloads
    Uploads

I have read this forum from page 1 and install in my system using Erniebro's XYZ Probe and it works great. Im planning to attach a usb joystick similar to a playstation joystick. I have installed the said plugin for the joystick but I can control only the directions X and Y. There are 8 unused buttons left on my joystick and im planning to assign a button for Z axis to move up and down, what shall I do? I also like to assign the remaining buttons for my X,Y,Z zero probing and centering tool, how can I do that? I am a newbie to programming and understand some programs that need to copy and paste on mach3 from source codes. Can anyone help me so I can make use of my joystick?

Downloads
    Uploads

Guy2b1,

The Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows has a lot more versatility than a joystick.

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XYZ Probe modification-xbox-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks jalessi, but this Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows, can I assign the function or programming for auto centering and Auto zeroing of X,Y, and Z axis using Erniebro's machblue screen? I just want to make sure that I can make us all of the buttons before I purchase another controller joystick. Thank you very much for all your help

Downloads
    Uploads

Guy2b1

1: Save the probe script as a macro "M616.m1s"

You can use wordpad or a text editor to save it.

2: assign a custom macro button

3: assign the macro number to the custom macro.

simple as -1 -2 -3

See attached pictures for help.

Save the macro in the "C:\mach3\Macros\Mach3Mill" folder

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XYZ Probe modification-custom-jpg   XYZ Probe modification-macro-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you jalessi, I went to the game store earlier to purchase the said xbox 360 wireless controller. When I asked them to test the controller using their PC with Windows XP installed, the controller is not working and the driver is not detected. According to the salesperson, theres no cd included.

Is there a specific model number to find Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows to work under Mach3? Any actual picture packaging of said controller? Im not sure about game controller they showed me, are there different types of Xbox360 controllers? Im not a gaming fan and I dont know anything about controllers, I just want to enhance the functions of my first CNC machine build to utilize all the controller buttons

Last edited by guy2b1; 10-18-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Guy2b1

Your game store needs help.

http://tinyurl.com/yf7hby4

Jeff...

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast