Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberty

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Liberty

Does anyone have any experience with Liberty Enterprises MI1612 or MI2421 CNC Routers?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The pictures looked nice, but details are few and far between. I emailed them for a spec sheet.

Does machine include the spindle? Software? What is feedrate? What is the Z travel?

I will post back if they send me anything.

Paul

Paul Riedlinger
    Let the chips fall where they may...I'm not going to clean them up!

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paul,
    They don't say much about anything they have. I would like to build one but all my tools are in Idaho and Kansas. Don't know that much about the electronics and software though. Would like to get a small machine to learn on. Thanks for the reply.

Marvin

Downloads
    Uploads

Marvin:

You might want to check out CheapCNC. Their machine looks similar and is in the same price range. I have one on order that is to be shipped later this week.

CheapCNC

Paul Riedlinger

Downloads
    Uploads

I spoke to the owner on the phone and he is going to take a peek at the site and I'm sure his will answer any questions.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Paul R. and Paul G. I have been looking at Cheap CNC and others. Also been looking into a Torchmate but don't have a place here to operate one. That is why I am looking into the CNC Routers. I have just about decided to get a "Cheap CNC". I need something that is complete since I don't have many tools with me. It is really a nice clean looking machine, if that counts for anything.

Thanks again,
    Marvin

Downloads
    Uploads

Try our advertisers- http://www.rcmodels.net/cnc/

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,

I own Liberty CNC and can say that I am extremely pleased with the quality of their hardware. The MS-DOS controller software is OK, but I replaced it with Mach1 and I think the combo really ROCKS!

See the thread 'homemade router tables' for all the Musical Instrument inlay parts that I have cut on my Liberty 24x21 table. The construction is all aluminum, except a MDF table, with T-track holddown slots. The ball screws are zero backlash and VERY high quality. Nice Vexta motors round out the package. The controller board is in a PC tower case, and works well. The system is a half-stepper and gives me very good resolution for my precision inlay needs. Charles Cooley, the owner of Liberty has always been available to answer questions on the phone for me.

I think Liberty is HEAD and SHOULDERS over the cheapCNC. The spindle is a Porter-Cable laminate trimmer. I put a third-party collet from PreciseCut it to hold PreciseCut's Ultrabit 1/8" shank micro tools, and the combo is a truly precision inlay router for me.

With VectorCAD/CAM I can generate a program that cuts what I want +- .002 without using cutter comp and 'dialing in' the job.

Please ask me anything about Liberty. I would be happy to help and support these machines here. They are THE BEST value for the money and are truly pro-grade hardware.

Here is the thread-
    http://cnczone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145

Last edited by cncadmin; 04-30-2003 at 09:00 AM.
    James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

James,
    Thanks for the reply. I am still pondering the purchase. The Liberty caught my eye because it is complete as is the Cheap CNC. My knowledge of CAD software is pretty limited and non existent about CAM and CNC. I never thought there was so much stuff out there to pick from and it has made decision making more difficult. Especially since I understand so little about yet. But I am persistent and will keep studying and researching till I know what I need to get started. It would probably help if I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the machine. Right now I just know I want to try something. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions.

Thanks again
    Marvin

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally someone who knows something on the Liberty! My problem with them has been lack of any technical details. The web site is basically "aren't these routers nice and shiny" with no details. I emailed for details but got no response.

The all metal construction is very attractive VS MDF for sure. Does the price include the router and software? The web site lists the software as extra but is unclear if it is included if you buy a router. What IPM do you get on cut speed?

Any chance of sending some more detailed photo's of it?

Paul Riedlinger

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it comes with router, cables and software but I too would like more info and pictures.

Marvin

Downloads
    Uploads

I talked to him about the website and he knows the porblems with it. He may be coming here to answer any questions about them. I may be building a web site for him also.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

To answer a question I missed, the depth under the spindle is about 4 inches. All cables, the controller and the laminate trimmer are included and set up. The MS-DOS controller software is included, but I don't use it because it has limited GCODE support and I prefer ArtSoft's Mach1 on Windows 2000 / XP. The table does about 45 IPM for me with Mach1, up to about 70 IPM with the MS-DOS software. I don't currently run faster than about 8 IPM because the LARGEST router bit I'm using for inlay is .049 and typically .031. I don't like breaking expensive bits.

Here is a picture of the router just out of the shipping crate with trhe crate also.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liberty-mill_and_crate-jpg  
    James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a picture of the router table in my shop in storage next to my bandsaw. I made the rolling table it's sitting on.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liberty-liberty_router-jpg  

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have it in storage? Are you wanting to sell it??

Downloads
    Uploads

Now those are some great pictures. It gives a much better idea of the product. I am impressed with the metal frame.

Paul Riedlinger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, not for sale!

My garage shop is SO crowded that ALL my large power tools are on wheels. My Delta 14" bandsaw, my router table, my CNC lathe (Liberty also) and my CNC router all roll in and out to optimize space and functionality.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Here is a picture of a small sign I am working for for my wife, Ana. It is engraved in Brazilian Rosewood. The design was done with Vector CAD / CAM using the engraving fonts that came with Vector. It was cut on my Liberty router table.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liberty-anasign-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice, I spoke to the owner of the Liberty machine, very nice guy. They got hit pretty hard by the storms last week. Guy is going through a tuff time. The machine looks very good, great job on the sign.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

James,
    Looks really nice, how small can you make letters with that software? I realize you would need to use a much smaller cutter, do you have any recommendation about what size to engrave 1/4 inch letters?

Thaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast