M32 CMT 515 error when uploading CMT-NC

Thread: M32 CMT 515 error when uploading CMT-NC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default M32 CMT 515 error when uploading CMT-NC

Hi, sorry if this sounds completely uninformed, but the person who used to do this left on bad terms and being that no one else knows how to do this they have dumped it on me cause I am the IT guy. ANYHOO, programs were backed up from the Mazak using CNCPC software. Supposedly the saved file is a single file with all the programs stored in it, with I believe a .mzk extension. Using another software (I believe MazaCAM) the programs were seperated from the one main .mzk file into individual files with the name being the number of the program and the extension ".BIN " (example - 1234.BIN) So heres the issue, is that BIN file what I need to select when uploading CMT-NC? In the CNCPC program it requests what file you want to upload, I select 1234.BIN and press start, it uploads 1 line and then says "515 CMT Misconnected error." Now when going the other way and saving NC-CMT, it tranfers no problem. So I dont understand why
    NC-CMT doesnt the get error, but CMT-NC does? Anyone have any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Are you using MazaCAM to upload back to the machine? It may be that your other software may not recognise the file?? If you have MazaCAM why not just use it to upload/download your programs?

Beau

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I figured it out. I have actually done it before. I used MazaCams "File Commander" and it worked. It was at that point I realized "hey, I did this before about 2 years ago, and just forgot about it." DUH! Anyhoo, thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by bean79au View Post
    Hi,
    Are you using MazaCAM to upload back to the machine? It may be that your other software may not recognise the file?? If you have MazaCAM why not just use it to upload/download your programs?

Beau