Problem Lagun 250 CNC - how to disassemble?

Thread: Lagun 250 CNC - how to disassemble?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lagun 250 CNC - how to disassemble?

Folks -

I hate to double post, but I'm kinda in an urgent situation.

I put a post here explaining: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107402

Basically I need to know the easiest/safest way to take apart a Lagun 250 CNC mill to make it shorter so I can put it into my garage and out of the weather. Right now it's under a tarp, which makes me nervous about rain.

If you can help, thanks in advance.

Erik

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Got it

Well, I'll reply to my own posting since no one here seemed to have the info.

I removed four large bolts on the ram and detached the head. I was careful to use some wood scraps to avoid scraping and dings. The round contact surface on the ram was scraped flat (it looked quite nice) and there was a shim that unfortunately fell out while I was doing this.

I have to figure out where the shim was placed, and I expect I'll have to go to some lengths to calibrate and square the machine when I reassemble it.

But for now, it's in my garage. I lowered the head to the table and put it on 2x4 supports that are cantilevered out from it using a couple tee nuts. This lets the quill hang over the edge, lowering the head more and not supporting any weight.

I used steel pipe rollers to get it into the garage.

Now I just need to finish my shop space and clear it out, then I can start my setup.

Erik