Need Help! MPC6515

Thread: MPC6515

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MPC6515

Hi all.
    Have a problem.
    is it possible to use MPC6515 card without dispaly panel?
    Have offer to buy MPC6515 only with dongle and seller say it is no need to have display.
    regards

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In theory true, the card also doesn't need a dongle (the software does) I just can't see any reason to have one unless you already have a faulty 6515 or have another method of controlling it.

cheers

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

The MPC6515 card can be operated from the PC (dongle with software) so there is no need for the PAD3. There is some convenience lost, but the PAD3 is optional. Also, you can replace the PAD3 with other displays that utilize standardized communications protocols. I had replaced the PAD3 with another touchpad because the PAD3 is rather cheap and the standard programming on it limited in functionality.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, thanks a lot.
    Do you know which convenience lost?
    Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

The convenience of a touchpad is as follows:
    1. You can download your job to the laser machine, then hit the laser power adjustment (up and down) by one percent point each time to get the best quality. Without the touchpanel, you need to change the power in the computer and do a download of a file (downloading files can take time if it is a large file).
    2. Using the touchpanel you can easily hit the laser button to do a test file while sticking your head into the machine and moving the material around.
    3. The standard touch panel has a feature to set the laser power on for a specified period of time. I do not recall this setting in the software, so the capability is lost
    4. The standard touch panel has a feature to set the jog distance increments (to set for fine or course adjustments depending upon your job setup needs). I do not recall this setting in the software so the capability is lost and jogging distance will depend upon how long you depress the button on the screen.