SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM

Thread: SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM

Any one opt for a shop sabre vac system.

I did not and regret not doing it right away.

I talked to Jason today about them.

15HP 14" 200 cfm
    20HP 11" 275 CFM
    25HP twin 13.6" 300 CFM

any one have one of there systems?

what one and how well does it work?

Thanks

P.S

4896 with 5hp spindle 5 ATC table
    Onida AIr collector

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Jer in responce to your other thread,last post.I agree with and did a lot of reading also.Now I am stupid too.From the wood web etc,it appears guys with 20 Hp want 40Hp.Afriend has a 5X10 thermwood with a 25Hp pump.I think it is a BuschR-50630..
    [url]http://www.electrolabinc.com/pdf/R5_Brochure.pdf. That pump is 20K.Still it has trouble with small parts,under 6"sq.There is lots of used pumps on the web but they still command high prices.I don't know what type of pump SS is offering rotary vane or re-gen.If you want to review re-gen prices,check Granger.http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...arch=1&sst=All
    Sorry I do not have answers.If you only cut say mdf cabinet doors,a very small pump will do.For small parts the sky is the limit

L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found a thread from Cabnet that put a lot of light on the valume of vacuums..
    SS is definately selling a REG motor but not becker some off brand. I will try to get the name out of them. the 25 HP is a twin impeller.

From what I can understand. for plastics and NON pourus materials you need more pull (Inch) and can have less CFM or flow.

if you are cutting more wood materials you need less INCH and more cfm to compensate the leakage through the material you are cutting.

all said if you are cutting 2" font letters like I do in the sign industry. not even the vacuum of space itself will hold your part down. vacuum is not the answer in some cases and tapes or gasketed fixtures are needed.

the guys at all star adhesives talked to me for half an hour and explained a lot about vacuum tables.

here is some great reading from Techno Routers.

http://www.techno-isel.com/CNC_Route..._Hold_Down.htm

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...=vacuum+tables

I still an nervious about dropping a lot of money on a pump and system and it not doing what I think it should.

most importantly is to understand what does and can work and how to make it work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Holding small parts

Hi guys,

I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not, but I cut a lot of small stuff and had to figure out a way to hold them. This is a cheap setup but works great for me.

The vacuum pump is a small Gast unit that came from the surpluscenter.com and I already had the air tank. The fixtures are made from two pieces of 3/4" or 1" plastic. The bottom piece of plastic gets grooved for air flow, and one end is drilled and tapped for a 1/4" air fitting.

In the top piece of plastic I routed shallow pockets slightly smaller than the parts, and drilled holes through the pockets into the air grooves of the bottom piece. There's a layer of Allstar Adhesives 1/32" adhesive backed spoilboard gasket between the two layers and also on the top, and I just poked holes through the top gasket inside of the pockets.

The material in the pictures is 1/4" thick Dymondwood.

This obviously isn't a replacement for a high CFM whole table system, but for small stuff like this it probably works better, and these fixtures can be made for almost any shaped part.

I can go into more detail on the construction if anyone is interested.

Skip

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-pump-setup-jpg   SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-new-jig1-jpg   SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-new-jig2-jpg   SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-new-jig4-jpg  

SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-new-jig3-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I built my own system using a 10hp Becker pump. I have it on six zones through a manifold system using 2"PVC. Without question it is the best system that I have used. My previous shops had dual 10hp becker pumps on 5 x 12 tables with no zone control. My router is a 4 x 12 with a single 10 becker and it is working great.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great pics Skip. U used the gasket material bestween and is it on the top also?

What plastic did you use Acrylic?

Thanks.

I am leaning toward the 25HP with 13.6" and 300 CFM and I still don't think that will be enugh but is what I can afford now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

KK,

Yes, gasket between the two sheets and also on top. I just used counter sunk drywall screws around the perimeter to hold the two pieces together and the gasket in the middle was necessary for a good seal.

The one above is made from HDPE and is 18" x 32". I've found that recycled UHMW plastic is more rigid, so that is what I've used for the ones I've made after this one. I've made a couple that are 24" x 36" also. I can hold 20 Hg which is plenty for these parts.

I've made some smaller ones too. They aren't pretty but they sure work good for small thin stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHOP SABRE VAC SYSTEM-vac-jigs-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Jer there is a few Busch 25HP pumps on E-bay in the $6k range.They look realy clean..The CFM is about 490 and 15Torr or 29.3Hg
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=bus...um+pump&_rdc=1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KustomKoncepts View Post
    Any one opt for a shop sabre vac system.

I did not and regret not doing it right away.

I talked to Jason today about them.

15HP 14" 200 cfm
    20HP 11" 275 CFM
    25HP twin 13.6" 300 CFM

any one have one of there systems?

what one and how well does it work?

Thanks

P.S

4896 with 5hp spindle 5 ATC table
    Onida AIr collector
    I have the same machine you have but with the 20hp Vac table and its awesome... I absolutely love this table... I do have to say the vac pump is a little noisey but I will take it for what it does. Contact your sales rep again or you can contact mine (Brandon) and tell him Jack from carvers told you to call him... when we were discussing my purchase he told me I could add the vac. table after the purchase but I opted to just do it all at once but I bet that is still available for you...

Anyways Good Luck!