Shop Sabre CNC router? - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop Sabre CNC router?

Downloads
    Uploads

No conspircy,I just got my 4896 with toolchanger and 4 th axis and digtizer.And I,m very pleased,If I don't post for a while it's because I'm to busy reading all the software manuals.Shopsabre is the only company offering top of the line components and a fair price,IMHP.Techno did not have a machine with a ac digital servo's at least none in my range and admitted thatthat type of sevo was better.
    Ben

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

update...Had my machine for almost 2 months now still running strong took me about a week to get comfortable with visualmill but that is expected....and as far as first time posting sorry i dont meet qualifications to post on a CNC form.... carbidecraters...... I dont want to be a hypocrite and criticize another companys machine that i have never used...sorry this is only my second post but I have a company to run and dont have time to sit infront of my computer and put people and machines down that i know nothing about......

mudall

Any more input from Techno owners? Have been to Shob bot & Techno for demos the difference is night & day. also priced Practical, EZ, Shop Sabre & Warthog. The only one that seemed close in quality was Shop Sabre, but the price was only 5k less. (5x10 Techno VS 72x14 Shop Sabre)

Downloads
    Uploads

5 k is a good savings for a machine that perform as everbiy as good
    Ben

It l's those auot tool cahngers that really hury ones wallet !

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AutoDesigns View Post
    update...Had my machine for almost 2 months now still running strong took me about a week to get comfortable with visualmill but that is expected....and as far as first time posting sorry i dont meet qualifications to post on a CNC form.... carbidecraters...... I dont want to be a hypocrite and criticize another companys machine that i have never used...sorry this is only my second post but I have a company to run and dont have time to sit infront of my computer and put people and machines down that i know nothing about......

I havent run or seen a Shopsabre ever. I was commenting on the shady examples that were posted. I am still not convinced that Shop sabre isnt tooting their own horn here. Funny a customer would take this so personal. I wonder where you are located. Where are you located? Is it in the Twin City metro area and can I come and see your machine? The reason I ask is that I am looking for a machine like this but am burned out of some of these other plasma/router companies playing e-games with me and other customers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,I bought my shopsabre form Mike Seegar was the salesman.I did not have a problem getting a reference, within a day of asking I was given the name of a man in Frederick Maryland a, about 20 minute ride from me.I saw his machine,he was happy all looked good.I 'm surprised that some people were wondering is shopsabre was a real company ??.But I spoke to Techno and Shopsabre ,I had it narrowed down between those two.Techno did not convince me for the 5-10 k difference depending on the options that they were worth the extra cost.My sabre was delivered on time and no problems other than me learning a few things .I might mention the sabres had ac digital servo's that techno did not offer .After using their digitizer along with wincnc I found the digitizer was missing a key component in that you could not create a false z-bottom on the scan ,which made you do a build up around taller items so the probe would have something to touch.I talked to Jim at ,the owner of shopsabre.Two weeks later I received an email form Mike at wincnc the option for the z-false z-bottom was added it can now be doewnloaded ver 2.4 test.Now I don't know ,I'm new to the cnc world but that seems like pretty good service from a company, afew thought might not be real.
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Ben I see you recieved your machine on 7-30-07 and on 8-4-07 you said you had the machine for 2 months and setup is a breeze. Ben when did you recieve your machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

...lol....what is the cross-examination...I was giving dates off toping of my head.To be honest 7-30 can't be right maybe a typo I made the first payment 7-18 -08. I would have to look on the paper work to give you exact dates, maybe it's a only a little over a month...not sure without checking,I have looked a so many machines ,software packages ,that my brain is about shot at this point.So please do not take my dates as exact,but if you really want to know I can look it up.Anyway is there a point you wanted make.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BensMillwork View Post
    ...lol....what is the cross-examination...I was giving dates off toping of my head.To be honest 7-30 can't be right maybe a typo I made the first payment 7-18 -08. I would have to look on the paper work to give you exact dates, maybe it's a only a little over a month...not sure without checking,I have looked a so many machines ,software packages ,that my brain is about shot at this point.So please do not take my dates as exact,but if you really want to know I can look it up.Anyway is there a point you wanted make.
    Thanks,
    Ben
    Hmmm I dont know why you would get defensive Ben. On 7-30-07 you said you got your machine and on 8-4-07 which is 5 days later you posted that you had the machine for 2 months. You also made sure to post how great your experience was and how you got a deal and then went into details how great Mike was and how this machine is better equipped than brand x. Besides your lack of grammar I smell something fishy here. Wouldnt be the first time multiple entities were used here to sell a machine.

I am done with this and am looking elsewhere for a router.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well,I don't know what to say,other than I was excited about my purchace and wanted to tell other poeple who were going through the same troubles I was having,that is trying to find a good machine at a good price.I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe I was wrong about what these forums are for and someone please correct if I'm wrong.When I first becamen intrested in cnc was impart due to buying a little carvewright machine,I was amazed at what it could do ,although it suffered from a few mechanical problem ,all of which I was able to fix myself.But anyway,that is what got me started.I turned to cnczone for information on new machines and finally after digging through old post I found a few,but for the most part I had to do my own research and makes alot of calls talking to router companies.I finally decide place my order and get my machine.It was a good experiences.So I decide I would post it on here And apparently due to my detail of the transaction and my poor grammer,some of you think I'm from shopsabre....Wow.During a seach through thids forum I read of a man who visted several cnc manufatures and he said after looking at all of them he was most impressed with ss and that when they were built out of a garage.Was this post a shopsabre mole.I doubt it.I guess it is just a sign of the times when...when we get to that everyone is suspicious of everything even a simple post about a product review.......sorry I bothered to try and help

mudall

Ben, this is the type of input I was hoping to get from this forum. I appreciate it. Still hoping to hear from Techno owners as well

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you...!! yes by all means as I said in a earlier post Techno is a good machine.I was simply describing my adventure in dealing with both companies.
    Ben

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have two Techno CNC Routers.
    A 48x96 and a newer 59x120.
    I thought the extra money was well worth spending.
    For one, I got a stand, table and plug in machine. I guess thats for three!
    I will buy a third Techon this year. Good Stuff Techno sells!

mudall

Appreciate the reply, I have decided on the techno, probably LCX 59120 w/vacuum table & 3 tool changer just starting up my own business will be going for a second demo in Jan. What software are you running? What are you producing? Any other input you can give me would be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Techno Routers

Hi Mudall,
    We make a variety of products for our customers. From plywood parts to custom cabinet components, to retail items that are sold around the world.
    We have a 4896 LC and just got a second machine, a 59120 LC.
    They both perform exactly as advertised!
    We don't have vacuum tables or tool changers and didn't need all the extra stuff the LCX offers.
    We just needed a bare bones accurate machine and for the cost, Techno was our obvious choice!
    We bolt a sheet of MDF to the router table, and use drywall screws to hold the sheets in place while cutting so no vacuum is needed.
    The vacuum table and tool changer options although good deals were both out of reach money wise for us. We also don't have 3 phase power out here in the sticks, so that would have been another cost for a phase converter.
    We used to use Bob-Cad for all of our product, but recently had a major problem with our post processor, and they couldn't be bothered to help us.
    7 full days to return our tech help call!!! Too busy selling to more victims!!!
    We now use Enroute 3d Pro. It is not as easy to draw in as Bob-Cad, but it works every time!!! Hope this helps. When you call Techno, ask for Tim, and tell them Tom Farmer recomended you call. They will know who I am.
    Good luck to your business..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just at the ShopSabre facility Friday on my way through to Wisconsin. They took me to the back and let me see the new ball screw setup they are putting on the machines now. When I was up there a few months ago they were using about a 3/4 inch(eyeballing it) screw that turned with the nut being stationary.

They switched to a much heavier screw(1" or more by eyeballing it) and now they are driving the nut while the screw stays stationary.

They said they went from 600IMP to 1200 with this change.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ball Screw

Hi Denny,
    The tour of ShopSabre sounds like fun!
    Its interesting that you saw the screw so much. Don't forget that every spec of dust you make will also see the screws.
    On the Techno machines that we have, The screws are hidden inside a pretty much sealed aluminum housing and they stay very clean, therefore very lubricated for a long time!
    I still think the Technos are way ahead of most others!
    P.S., ask them to actually cut something for you at 600IPM, let alone 1200IPM.Those numbers sound great in catalogs, but in the real world of wood, 200IPM is pushing it!! Just a thought! Merry Christmas!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmfcwp View Post
    P.S., ask them to actually cut something for you at 600IPM, let alone 1200IPM.Those numbers sound great in catalogs, but in the real world of wood, 200IPM is pushing it!!
    Not using a ShopSabre, but on our machine we've cut wood at 400ipm every day for almost 10 years now. Most new high end machines will easily cut over 1000ipm with no problems. Guys with $1500 homebuilt mdf machines are cutting close to 200ipm now.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gerry,
    Every day for 10 years huh?
    Whatever!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast